How can we improve Power BI?

Ability to create Multi-Tier Dashboard/reports

It would be great if we could have multi-layered dashboards or atleast an ability to click-down(as seen in dashboard) on report pages, which could browse to another view page.

34 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mukesh Nanda shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is currently available in the MSIT deployment, I was able to link a dashboard tile to another dashboard using the "Custom Link" option to configure the tile. This is great, please make this a feature in the published version!

• John Callow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will, this is something that would be helpful if you need to drill down more than 2 levels but still be able to see an "All Up View"

For example, right now we are developing a dashboard that captures metrics at Organizational>Portfolio>Service Line>Service>Experience. We currently have an all up level with slicers in the report to only see data for a particular service/experience etc. If I am a Service Owner I would not be able to see all the info for my service on one screen, I would need to click into each individual report and apply the slicer.

• Derrick Han commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Clicking a tile on the dashboard links to another dashboard, instead of a report. This enables "Report hierarchy".

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.