How can we improve Power BI?

Download Reports to a .pbix file

Have the ability to download Reports from the service to a local .pbix file that can be modified in the designer application.

1,840 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jack Bender shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

248 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Julie Koesmarno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very much needed because this is a way of backing up the report design and configuration. Charts can get removed because users no longer have access to the data source, and there is no backup / source control mechanism.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a critical need. If you inherit a project and don't have the PBIX file, being able to export it from the PowerBI site is a must.

• Suman Bhagavathula commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also looking for the ability to download Dashboards/Reports authored in the PBI web to a local .pibx file that can be modified in the PBI desktop

• Thirunavukarasu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our business users wants to download data from Power BI Preview Reports.
    Could you please enable option?

• Vikas Pulpa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also wanted the ability to download it as an excel file if we created the reports using excel

• Douglas Morrow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is it possible to run incremental data into specific cells transitioning with a hot key and call it a cell library like a drop down but the quantity is never set but rather keeps changing to show comparative results (long arrays).

Additionally, create the ability to have sub cells below a cell for added functions, this could make the total number of rows and cells much smaller but just as powerful.

I have other suggestions

1 2 9 10 11 13 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.