How can we improve Power BI?

Download Reports to a .pbix file

Have the ability to download Reports from the service to a local .pbix file that can be modified in the designer application.

1,857 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jack Bender shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

243 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Neville commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here too. I've uploaded my design to the web, then made more changes on the web and now I cannot download these changes to the desktop. How Stupid is that.

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a highly required functionality that is currently missing from PowerBI. As others have said, lack of such a feature makes it almost impossible to use the PowerBI desktop features after a report/dashboard was modified in the browser version. Please prioritize this important feature for an upcoming release.

• Tim Windsor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to see security appropriately applied though please.. The ability to export data to excel is causing controversy in Government departments. Please simply allow on members of a group to download the pbix.. / data model

• Adam Pratt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems like a fundamental flaw and definitely effects my efficiency. Lets say I am out and about with my tablet on site: I speak to a client and make an adjustments to a report for him on the spot through the web interface (it is not a Microsoft tablet ). He would be immediately happy, but I am generally less happy as I now need to wait until I get back to the office and replicate these changes to the desktop version and republish. Double the time halves the revenue.

• Tony Sellars commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an important feature with respect to transferring user constructed reports to a more structured officially supported (and source controlled) format.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without this, team development is nearly impossible limiting a lot of enterprises from being able to use it.

• Jim Cantwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I figured this would be a basic feature. Now I find myself redoing edits in desktop version. PMs should have had this on their radar very early on.

• James Lovegrove commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shouldn't all changes be made in the Desktop and then published to app.powerbi.com? - Why can't users adapt to this?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.