How can we improve Power BI?

Tooltip customization on reports

Power BI, by default showing the selected fields in the report tooltip. There should be a option to discard/add fields from the tooltip. e.g It shows Index column in Map visualization, which can be discarded.

813 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sarath S shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m sorry for the delay in updating this idea, but we have in fact made custom report page tooltips generally available as of the September release of Power BI Desktop. You can read the details in this blog post: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-september-2018-feature-summary/#tooltips

Be sure to vote on other tooltip suggestions on UserVoice if you have any other specific requests.

113 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need at option to hide the tootip so that i can drag calculation into axis and pull original column to the tool tip.So we can hide the calculation

• Perovani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like to have the option to remove the default tool tip fields in Power BI.

• Bo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like to have the option to remove the default tool tip fields in Power BI.

• Natarajan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes. We also would like to remove the default tool tip fields in Power BI.

• William commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is a "No-Brainer." The ability to toggle off / on and customize the tool tips is essential.

• Rodolfo Ramirez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would suggest to have the ability to not only display, but also have the ability to include links to a SharePoint where definitions and other metadata.

• Dmitry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems such a basic customization that was not included by oversight. Or is it a Power BI way of forcing me to create every chart with an R script?

• Arturo Rangel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use funnel charts to display top/bottom information, but the PERCENT OF FIRST / PERCENT OF PREVIOUS are confusing for my clients. they ask me to remove it all the time. It is a must to have the customization possibility.

• Michael Neo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have date (yyyy-mm) and total sales fields for my graph with current and prior year, the date field for both tooltips show current year which does not make any sense for prior year sales....

• Avi Shmueli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's pretty bad to have to display the longitude and latitude in every hover over a map.
    Especially since I can't display the data I want without the tooltip and hover.

• Madhura Tutare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Features required:
    - Ability to rename the DATA LABELS, within the tooltip.
    - Formatting of Data labels,& include custom text within the tooltip.

Thanks

• Filious Louis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to be able to have Action URLs on tool tips. The urls should be driven by parameters in the report. For example you can go to a Customer's SalesForce page from a Customer Chart.

• Anonimous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

- Customize the size of the tooltips box
    - Having the posibility to change the label of the dimensions by removing "First", "Last" , "Count" etc.
    - Flexibility to customize the tooltip

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.