How can we improve Power BI?

Data Model Image (Binary) Support in Reports

I was all excited today that I was finally able to get images (binary) files loaded into my power query in the Power BI Designer. This took a bit getting around the Privacy settings and bugs, but the latest release of the Power BI Designer made it possible. Unfortunately now that I have the binary data and images available in my model I can't do anything with them:'( I want to use them like I can in Power View for Tile By and Datacards... Help!!!

327 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dan English shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • José commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In dashboards, would be very useful to filter by an item (country, employee) and obtain a specific image (flag, employee id photo).

• Mani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am still struggling. I have created sample Table with Varcbinary(max) data type also Image data type in table. Load images in that table but when i attached to power query pic not shown just show Binary. can you please help me on this matter.

• Kyle Harwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to upload pictures into Excel or PowerBI without having to pull them in from SQL Server. Also, ability to point to any SharePoint list and display pictures in PowerBI. Also point to pictures stored in SharePoint list. Pictures greatly enhance the user experience and their should be an easier way to get pictures into the Excel and PowerBI.

• Jan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add images to data models and use in powerBI designer for tiling etc,

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.