How can we improve Power BI?

Incremental Data Loads

Is it possible to add incremental load functionality to Power Query? Pull and load just new or changed rows from source system

2,931 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Javier Recasens shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

337 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any other workaround available? I am unable to refresh my report due this error "Memory error: Memory Allocation failure . Try simplifying or reducing the number of queries."

• Paul Dowling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I actually can't quite believe it was released without this feature or that three years on from this post there is no solution. Sorry if that sounds a little negative but did no one at Microsoft think of this?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Kim, Idea was posted in 2015 now it has been 3 years almost, how long it will take to complete this. I believe implementation of this idea will really raise the market of Power BI.
        Thanks in advance

• Nirav Shah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

great - its started !! would love to see old and new data so can compare trends!. thanks micrsoft

• Missy Jaroneski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any sense of the timeline for availability of the feature on the Premium platform? Also, is there any statement of direction document available on how the feature will work?

• Mike Chittick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad to hear this is in the works! Adding a delta-load functionality based on a "last updated date" column would be amazing. Many online services limit the number of rows they can return, or timeout after a certain period of time. Putting this functionality into PBI would open it up to all sorts of new scenarios!

• Nirav Shah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

thanks - i am assuming we can save historical data after the refresh. that will help in viewing trends between different snapshots

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.