Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bryan SmithBryan Smith shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  FetiyeFetiye responded  · 

This is a good idea. We will review this and prioritize against other work.

Thank you,
    Fetiye

89 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This suggestion was first brought up August 28, 2015, 1st and only ADMIN response was May 12, 2016. Can we get a date when this will be done or at least an understanding of why it's not there? Drill down is basic and needed by every Power BI user.
        Thanks

• Jonathan MartinJonathan Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature to have and will help promote Power BI with decision makers who are most often only interested in the Dashboard level and not the reports

• HarryHarry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an essential feature, so hopefully it will be added soon.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature. Reports cannot be shared and this functionality is essential. Thanks

• MiriamMiriam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there anything new about it?
        it is very important because I can only share dashboards..
        another option is to make it possible to share the report itself.

• chrischris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its essential to be able to drill down from dashboard, cannot understand how its not yet possible!

• JinJin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After just one week working with Power BI, the lack of this feature surprised me!

• Jon HineslyJon Hinesly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm surprised this isn't available already. What functionality does drill-down capability add if it isn't accessible to those that are viewing the information?

• DerekDerek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This post was created in 2015, and I still cannot drill down in Dashboard. When I create dashboards for clients and they have to navigate to the Report to drill down, just doesn't make sense. Make the drill down available in Dashboard like it is in Report.

While you are at it, please add the ability to Pin a filter to the Dashboard. As of now I cannot pin a filter to the dashboard, probably same reason I cannot drill down.

• PriyaPriya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kindly provide Drill Down option in Dashboard Soon. Able to drill down at Report level alone.

When can we expect the Drill Down feature in Power BI Dashboard

• PhilPhil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is probably time to ditch the dashboard altogether. Navigation is much more fluid with the report tabs as opposed to vertical scrolling from one page to the next on the dashboard.

• Paul SebbornPaul Sebborn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any idea when this will be available? We haven't presented Power BI to the Exec team yet and need this feature to sell it to them.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.