Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bryan SmithBryan Smith shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  FetiyeFetiye responded  · 

This is a good idea. We will review this and prioritize against other work.

Thank you,
    Fetiye

78 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Del GriffithDel Griffith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not saying anything that hasn't been said already.

The ability to drill down in any format (dashboard, report, etc.) is essential to the workings of Power BI. If I have a report with filters that I want to share with team leaders that can be drilled down to individual team members requires duplicating the same reports with different filters attached, This also means updating the same report several time whenever a report is changed - how does this help anyone?

It's hard to deliver a convincing sales pitch to adopt Power BI for reporting when a simple drill down doesn't work.

• LeeLee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be a HIGH priority, it does not make sense why this would not be available in the dashboard now and only reports. If you share with someone, most of the time you would want to share a dashboard to an outside person which now is useless.... Very disappointing, i was not aware of this to recentlym after spending several hours thinking i was doing something wrong... Please prioritize, I do not want to look for another BI software.

Thanks
        Lee

• Lucas AlmeidaLucas Almeida commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally dissappointed. This is a must have. I have to create new graphs just to show some info that I thought it was there.

• RobertoRoberto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used power Bi web to open on my mobile and all features works!
        All you can try that!
        For me was perfect

• MirkoMirko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very disappointing to see this is still 'under review' after 2+ years...

• Justin FenicoJustin Fenico commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding my vote to this. Thought I was doing something wrong. Sharing out a dashboard for users with simple knowledge of power bi. Do not want them going into the report (even in read only mode). Having the drill down function is essential to what info they'd like to see.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unbelievable - spent half a day trying to understand what I was doing wrong with this and it turns out, it's not me!!!

This seems like such a basic requirement of a dashboarding tool ??

• LeeLee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a no brainer that you have sat on for over a year, get this done already.

• CedricCedric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Major features everybody's waiting for:
        - drill down in dashboard
        - slicers working with formulas for the charts
        - slicers working on multiples pages

• MattMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

drill down in a hierarchy is available in the desktop version and in the report view on the web version - why oh why is this not available in the dashboard ??!!

• TridzaTridza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Drll Down in dashboard is essential functionality for business users, why are you ignoring this issue?

• PeterPeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pretty disappointed to learn about this today. The drill down feature on dashboards would have given our executives the visibility they are looking for.

• sandeep movvasandeep movva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How come this tool will be competitor when it cannot provide basic very basic functionalities like Drill down,Button,Show/Hide dynamicaly charts etc..Not so good

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature only seems to work in 'Reports' but when a dashboard is published this functionality is NOT available. This is a selling point for our customers, when will this be available?

• Aaron HallAaron Hall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on team - at least give us an update on where its at - my users are looking forward to this feature!

A

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.