(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bryan Smith shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

142 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to show the dashboard to the MT, but without drill/zoom options it is worthless. Please reconsinder this issue. Thank you in advance!

• Jeffrey Ng commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my view all the advance functionality in now 'Report' should be in now 'Dashboard' and vice versa. Dashboard to me should be interactive in the live environment allow users to interrogate to produce report to suit their individual needs. For example, one dashboard for many region managers, each manager can then drill/filter down to their own region to produce reports. This way the 'Dashboard' is a reporting tool to control the consistency and quality of the 'Report'. 'Report' to me is a final output from a study/job/project ready for publishing both soft and hard copy to the final audience. Report is a snapshot of that moment in time.

If I put it in the context of car dashboard, it is live showing the speed, fuel tank, time etc..few buttons allow user to customise it (metric or imperial, time and date format,..) Mechanic to run a diagnostic report to check the performance/condition of the car.

I will add to this thread, pin live page does not work, user functionality greatly reduced as a result.

• Robert Malan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't use dashboards at all without this functionality. And no, pinning live report pages doesn't work.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Kim, please re-visit this request.

It is a pressing issue which doesn't provide end-users with a seamless data exploration experience.

Pinning a live page to a dashboard does not allow for drill-down using the buttons at the top of a visualization using a hierarchy. Opening a report to achieve this does not translate to a good user experience.

Thanks.

• Christopher Risher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So, I think I have a use case where we should have this at a dashboard level...

What if we are Embedding at the dashboard level in another app via PBI Premium or Embedded?

We would prefer not to give the ability to alter the reports within the app, but it sounds like that is the only option?

Since this issue has been "declined" by the admin - does that mean it is no longer in review...even though the suggested workaround doesn't work?!

Agreed with the comments below, this greatly reduces the functionality of a dashboard. The entire point of a dashboard (as I see it) is to highlight key pieces of a report without the need to look through the entire page/get distracted by extraneous data.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi ! The inability to drilldown in matrix pinned to a dashboard is problematic. We share dashboards to all allow users to interact with the data. Folks are familiar with pivot tables in Excel and a Power BI matrix is something that folks can easily relate to. Without drilldown capability, a matrix is of limited interest in a dashboard. It's shame that we cannot use the full functionality of a matrix visual in a dashboard. And, since we cannot publish reports per se, this situation does warrant a solution.

• Remy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was this issue ever resolved? It's a nuisance if you can't drill through on the dashboard because you can only share Dashboard and not the report itself

• joao commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the drill option do not show in the graph when i pin the live page!!
        Please solve this bug, then.

• Jon Fortner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We tried the Pin Live and the icons for drill do not show up. So, are you saying this is a bug?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.