Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bryan SmithBryan Smith shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  FetiyeFetiye responded  · 

This is a good idea. We will review this and prioritize against other work.

Thank you,
    Fetiye

94 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AlexAlex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dashboards are nearly worthless without this. Why's it taking so long?

• shankhashankha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please guys implement this feature in the dashboard, else remove it from the report itself, why unnecessarily confuse developers.

• Kelly DittmarKelly Dittmar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also wondering about an update on this item, is there anything else to share?

Our CEO is now using reports which have the object frames popping up all over and presents a very poor view overall for him. But I can't get him out of the report & into the dashboard because drilling down is a requirement.

It seems like a good compromise would be to allow for a specific element to be pinned into the dashboard in either drill down/cross highlight/etc. so if you want to be able to change the drill function - you'd need to re-pin.

• GregGreg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A drill-down/up feature in dashboards seems like an obvious requirement for even the most basic users. Shocked this wasn't part of the original software.

The added interactivity of drill-down/up in real time is what "wows" executive teams and clients who are often the end-consumers of such dashboards.

• ShaligramShaligram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey guys !

this was reported 2 years before and any BI/reporting tools this features must required for presentation.

stuck with so many features like this ! :(

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lack of this feature is a deal breaker. I can't share my dashboard with executives and ask them to jump to report view for drill down. Is there any timeline so that I can manage expectations of my team? Thanks

Has this been resolved yet? It's a crucial piece of functionality that is going to be a dealbreaker for us as to whether we look to purchase more licences...bearing in mind we're considering hundreds more

I don't understand the use of this dashboard feature of Power BI when your functions are too limited. No slicer, no filter, no drill down option. Plus no dashboard available in Power BI Desktop. What the hack! Useless it is. Really disappointed. I want to do so much in Power BI but it is limited in functionality.

• Anthony CipollaAnthony Cipolla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Power BI Team.... Love the product.. and it's truly maturing.... but please please please can you add drill down from the dashboard live-tile without having to enter the report?
        Thanks! :)

• Mark T.Mark T. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WHY HAS THIS TAKEN SO LONG? The PBI community is SCREAMING for this! I thought Microsoft was Microsoft...

• duc thaiduc thai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how could you charge 5000 a month for power bi premium
        while base function like search text with wild card, drill down on dash board, no user input text box to used as run time parameter these are all basic function that all end user need
        fix the basic stuff first before try to add more fancy function to it

• Ben SkinnerBen Skinner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An update on where this is at would be much appreciated - crazy this is currently not available!

• Del GriffithDel Griffith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not saying anything that hasn't been said already.

The ability to drill down in any format (dashboard, report, etc.) is essential to the workings of Power BI. If I have a report with filters that I want to share with team leaders that can be drilled down to individual team members requires duplicating the same reports with different filters attached, This also means updating the same report several time whenever a report is changed - how does this help anyone?

It's hard to deliver a convincing sales pitch to adopt Power BI for reporting when a simple drill down doesn't work.

• LeeLee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be a HIGH priority, it does not make sense why this would not be available in the dashboard now and only reports. If you share with someone, most of the time you would want to share a dashboard to an outside person which now is useless.... Very disappointing, i was not aware of this to recentlym after spending several hours thinking i was doing something wrong... Please prioritize, I do not want to look for another BI software.

Thanks
        Lee

• Lucas AlmeidaLucas Almeida commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally dissappointed. This is a must have. I have to create new graphs just to show some info that I thought it was there.

• RobertoRoberto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used power Bi web to open on my mobile and all features works!
        All you can try that!
        For me was perfect

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.