How can we improve Power BI?

Enable Power Query Excel add-in for Mac/Apple/iOS

Even though worldwide mac user adoption is 8% (close to 94 million users) - there are a lot of data scientist and data analyst who use excel on mac and hardly anyone knows about Power BI! I think the best way to introduce them to this amazing world is via enabling Power Query in excel for them and most of influence million dollar analytics tools budget on a regular basis which would help accelerate the Power BI growth!

404 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Paras Doshi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

54 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Disappointed to find that subscribing to Office365 so as to always have access to the latest Excel features by was pointless as Microsoft has not enabled Power Query for Mac! Really?

Please add power pivot and power query to Mac environment. I will still use other Microsoft products I promise :-)

• George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

can we have the same functionality in excel 2016 for mac, that we have in the windows version?

Hopefully soon. I also subscribed to Office 365 today specifically to access Power Query and Power BI. Very disappointed!

• Mukesh Kumar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the first time I saw the Power Query Demo and I was surprised that it is not for Mac. I guess it will be but when.

Similar to other commentators here - I'm used to using the power query tool on Windows PC and need the same functionality when transferring work to my Mac running Office 360. Please update soon!

I am disappointed that after signing up for office 365 for MAC I cannot use the brilliant power query on my MAC. I am a daily user of Power query on my PC but switch between two machines for various functionality. I would therefore like to request a roll out of Power BI for MAC – this would be a great improvement. Thanks.

• Lance commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have used Power Query on my windows machine at work. I'm addicted and love it. I was very disappointed to see that it isn't available in Excel 2016 which I recently purchased on my Mac. Please make this available.

• SJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh my goodness, please. Please, please. Bring it to Mac OS.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.