How can we improve Power BI?

Enable Power Query Excel add-in for Mac/Apple/iOS

Even though worldwide mac user adoption is 8% (close to 94 million users) - there are a lot of data scientist and data analyst who use excel on mac and hardly anyone knows about Power BI! I think the best way to introduce them to this amazing world is via enabling Power Query in excel for them and most of influence million dollar analytics tools budget on a regular basis which would help accelerate the Power BI growth!

370 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Paras DoshiParas Doshi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

52 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dory OwenDory Owen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If MS spends significant resources to port BI tools to Mac I'm not sure I'd be OK with that. There is so much that needs attention in Excel that MS has ignored.
        "Take care of Windows users first" seems like a reasonable policy.
        I'm typing this now on a Mac, so although I'd be pleased to have PQ on Mac Excel, support for VBA & macros are much more important to me on Mac environment. But since that's about as likely as Satya growing a goatee, I'll give this a vote.

• SteveSteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thought I was off VMWare completely and 100% on mac until I realized I could no longer use my spreadsheets that utilize Power Query. When will this be available for us Mac users that need this functionality?

• Joshua SherlockJoshua Sherlock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use both Mac's and PC's at work, it would great to have feature parity with Excel and access to Power BI desktop natively on macOS

Great tools guys, lets share the love :-)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need the Power BI on Mac Office365. I pay the same subsribtion fee to M$FT but have inferior service!

I can not access the query edit in Power BI using my mac. I have uploaded my data set but I can not get the query button to get reports done. Many thanks.

• David HolcombDavid Holcomb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have long been annoyed that I couldn't make pivot charts on my MAC. Happy that 2016 enables this and some other functions that were previously not available. Please add Power BI tools ASAP. Why does Excel for the MAC have to be late to all of these improvements?

• NelsonNelson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very frustrated with this not yet being available for Mac. Please tell us that it is coming...

• Ferdie BothaFerdie Botha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very disappointed in Excel for Mac not having PQ available. Really, MS???

Any release date available???

i too am very disappointed to find that subscribing to Office365.

Do i get some sort of refund?

• DanjoDanjo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How to enable Power Query BI on my mac? If I cannot use it for creating dashboard, I will use other tools like Tableau.

Disappointed to find that subscribing to Office365 so as to always have access to the latest Excel features by was pointless as Microsoft has not enabled Power Query for Mac! Really?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.