Rik Opdam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

173 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My first Power BI project I ran into this issue... very surprised it can't handle this. Please add :)

• Michael Dunlop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is desperately needed. It is a basic feature of the line chart in Excel. I'm surprised it wasn't part of the initial release of the line chart. Please implement it as soon as possible.

• JH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ability to assign one set of line values to use the same axis as the stacked columns with another set of line values to use the secondary axis

• T Oksanen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Deffinitely, this should work precisely the same way as "Line and stacked /clustered column chart", but there would be line instead of columns. Also this would allow you to swich one of the lines as "Shade area" while the other would be just plain line.

Also allow "Conditional formatting" of line charts like was suggested in another wish.

• prathi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When it works in excel I expect the same to be in power bi R visual are not ment for endusers and visual interaction with R visual is not that great.

• Stephen Fog commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the very least we should be able to show a line chart with both primary and secondary axis (similar to Excel). We can do this with R-Script, sure, but for end user self-service - this is a must have as r-script is not something our end users are comfortable with.

I'd expect that charts that can be created within Excel to be able to transition over to Power BI, with column charts being able to have a dual Y-axis with stacked columns.

Agree with Max. I don't see how a secondary axis on line chart would take long to implement, given that it already exists on the Line and Clustered Column chart. We need less enhancements to the donut chart and more focus on the advanced combo chart visuals.

• Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To clarify, I mostly just want a second axis on a line chart, more than 2 is a nice to have.

• Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

4 years under review >1300 votes for a feature that already exists on other charts. Can we please get an explanation why this is still under review?

Surprised to find this wasn't out of the box. Please add this functionality. Just having 2 y-axis on a line chart would be a great start, never mind more than 2.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.