How can we improve Power BI?

Share Reports in Power BI

I see that I can share dashboards in the Power BI -- but can I not share reports? The dashboard would be fine, but slicers can't be pinned yet.

954 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Henson Sturgill shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

110 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nimo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

but I still cannot share report to another tenant user for he did not receive the notification email .

• Neville de Sousa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current work around is create a dashboard, share it with users, but provide users with the report link as opposed to the dashboard link.

I used to pin entire pages as a dashboard tiles so I could provide users with interactive capability. This however is painful as having multiple pages pinned results in a poor user experience - not to mention a slow load time. This results is a very poor user experience and not ideal when you're trying to promote Power BI. Even more surprising is that the dashboards are much slower on IE than Chrome. I hate to make the comparison but I would have thought that Power BI would have a smoother experience on IE than Chrome

• Ronak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update on this yet? Really irritating that reports can't be shared.

• Seb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be raised up the priority list now. I learnt about the new app approach for sharing but again it still doesn't offer enough options about how dashboards, reports and datasets are shared. It would be good to pick and choose what we want to share for example the dashboard and report, just the dashboard, just the report, report and dataset etc etc

• Zoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any progress? This is pretty basic feature to enable shared development and continuous feedback from stakeholders.

• Seb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible to share just the dashboard and restrict the user to only the dashboard and nothing behind. At the moment the user can see all of report tabs which isn't helpful.

• Rock Chi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, is there any updates on the features and when it will approximately be implemented? It is one of the critical features we're looking for.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When did this functionality change? I've been looking into using PowerBI in my office for over a year, and one of my biggest hurdles was knowing if other users could view my dashboards/reports. Now that I've gotten a chance to work with PowerBI I'm not able to share anything without a license/pro. What gives?

• parker hall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is sharing a live link to the reports no longer an option? Now we are not able to display reports within our company on monitors around our multiple offices. This came about with the last update but needs to be changed back so we do not have to move away from Power
        Bi.

• Gerardo Rodriguez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Admin Team,

You have updated this thread 3 times, prolonging the time on every iteration.

Could we please know when you plan on releasing this feature?

Thank you!

• Mark Jaxion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This may be the single biggest gap in development as I see it. Please bring this out ASAP. Why would you allow developers to create a phone view and not share reports!?!

• nh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope there will be a way to perform collaboration on a report and a dataset. Not just readonly sharing of the report but also the data, e.g. so that another user can update the same dataset.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.