How can we improve Power BI?

Create different slicers

Allow slicers to be created as drop downs, calendars, on/off switches etc. Let slicers contain multiple fields. Also allow user to specify that slicer can only have one value selected and set a default

2,154 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

James McGillivray shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

126 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One problem with the new relative date slicer is that if you change one all the slicers for the same field change. I want the slicer to sync across pages for the selection, but the slicer to be relative on one page, in between on another. This doesn't appear to work with the new setup.

• Stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need a "calendar" slicer that allows to filter one date on a calendar. I have daily stocks, and the need is to see what was the stock at a particular date. Summing the stocks is meaningless, and selecting several days, weeks, months is no sense as well.
    Thank you !

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still waiting on the ability to filter a Slicer. I want to expose a list for users to filter the report by, have some bad values (such as Blank) in the column I'd like the slicer to ignore. Very frustrating I can't simply add a visual-level filter to the slicer to accommodate this.

Hi, this only works in Power BI Desktop. The slider function of the slicer does not show up when I share a published dashboard over the web. It shows up as a older style slicer with all choices available to select. Any chance the slider can work over the web soon?

• Raimana CHAMPS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was waiting for this. I really wished it could work with calcuted measures just like the visual filters do.

Also, i think the behaviour when filtering a table is not ok. It is currently blanking the rows that don't meet the critirea instead off hiding them.

Great work for this preview functionnality!

• Allard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@amanda cofsky Nice update, is this also an update for Global filter in dashboards?

• Ravi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

thanks for the update. I think as Slicers are slightly different compared to standard filters, it will be hugely beneficial if you can have Slicers built in such a way that it can go across multiple pages in PowerBI. Meaning, one slicer value being selected should be capable of filtering visuals across many pages in the dashboard. This is very important feature that has been constantly asked. Thanks!

Hi Will, great work, but the default value for the slicer is still missing. Is there any time when it is considered to be added?

• Nancy A commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we have the source code so that we can help make changes and publish them in the Visual Gallery?

• Vitor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"While using the new dropdown feature in a slicer, the "Search" feature is not working. It works fine within the pbi file, but after loading it to PowerBI.com the search text box is not there."

I have the exactly same problem here, and the custom visual for textual search turns the reports in PBI Service extremelly slow, can you guys fix this?

Thanks

While using the new dropdown feature in a slicer, the "Search" feature is not working. It works fine within the pbi file, but after loading it to PowerBI.com the search text box is not there.

Dropdown is very good.

Should be possible to filter the slicers though. That's my number one wish regarding slicers.

Thank Will - the drop down functionality is fantastic! It doesn't work on iOS mobile though - any chance of a quick fix? I so want to update my mobile apps but can't until this is addressed. Thanks again and keep up the great work!

The concept of a "smart" date filter is something that is heavily desired. For example: we have several dashboards that are used to show daily performance metrics so the filter on the report must be reset at the beginning of each day to the current date. If we had the option to choose a page or report level filter of "Today" or "This Week" or "This Month" etc., it would drastically reduce the amount of daily maintenance required.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.