How can we improve Power BI?

Heat maps in Power View

It'd be REALLY nice to have heat maps capabilities in the map visualization of Power View, like those in Power Maps.

This is an OFTEN requested feature from our large enterprise customers

1,193 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tien Dung Thoi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone. We announced a partnership with ESRI to bring their mapping capabilities into Power BI. Their maps include the ability to build heatmaps! The feature’s in Preview at the moment, I’m leaving this marked as ‘Started’ for now and we’d appreciate your feedback. Try it out and let us know how you find it. We’ll update it to ‘Completed’ when we take the Preview label off the feature.

More details on the blog: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-arcgis-maps-for-power-bi-by-esri-preview/

Thanks!

60 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tobias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update on the privacy issue? We need further map capabilities like heat maps or better performing maps with more points like tableau offers but are not able to share data with third parties due to privacy concerns

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We definitely need more clarification onexactly what data ESRI collect. From a UK perspective, using the ArcGIS maps add-on to process any personal data would appear to be in breach of the Data Protection Act.

• Mark McNees commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have anyone's concerns been address about data security for this item? The concerns below seem valid and prohibit me from using some feature or the tools at all as well.

• Andres commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also very concerned about data security. My implementation cannot have data the data touching a third party (beyond Microsoft). It's not clear in ESRI privicy policy if they are collecting "personal" information (name/contact info) which is fine, or actually collecting data being used for visualizations.

• Erik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Andy and Bradely regarding their concern for confidential data. Please do not close this very relevant item unless the proposed solution for heat map is one that do not require data to be shared with external paries.

• Bradley Wing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Andy (posted 10/6/16). I work with confidential court data. I need more clarification about what data would be shared with ESRI. Would more than the geographic data (address, zip code, etc.) be shared?

• Heather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SOOO excited about this! Esri is great! Love the preview so far. Question - is there a release date or a preview version for the Power BI service? I converted one of my map reports but it's not displaying in the service. Love the development you guys are doing! Keep it up! :)

• Colleen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will - this is an awesome addition!! I have only just begun to mess around with the new feature, but I like it! Great Job!!!

• urmas.kommits commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Little I have tested it works fine. I still miss legends in all of the maps I create. And I cannot change basemaps.

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sounds good, but I'm a little leery of this part: "(b) you will be sharing your data with Esri, wo whil use it according to its terms and privacy policy, (c) Esri may store and process your data in the United States or any other country in which Esri maintains facilities, and (d) Microsoft may share your contact information with Esri if needed for Esri to operate and troubleshoot the service or prevent misuse."

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I guess this can be marked as complete since the ArcGIS announcement?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, Heat maps for location tracking on a custom floor plan, like tracking location in multistory building. it would be very nice.

• urmas.kommits commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice with Heat Maps but still problems to use custom layers with geographic areas that have other characters than english.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.