How can we improve Power BI?

Ability to select multiple items in a report for cross-highlighting

Ability to select multiple items in a chart say multiple bars, pie's etc and automatically have filters applied to all the existing reports. this helps to highlight anomalies and see all the surrounding reports changes as we do it and showcase risks/opportunities

1,468 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

abhishek sreesailaabhishek sreesaila shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

125 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sean WongSean Wong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I notice that the ctrl+clicking feature does not work in all chart types, eg. waterfall & scatter chart. Please don't limit such nice feature (and any new enhancement to it) to certain chart types only. It should be made available to all visuals.

• Helgi JónssonHelgi Jónsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This simplifies the reports. Would be good to have ability to add check mark also in the tables to visually show what is filtered. Now, having too much of redundant information in the reports.

• Revanth ArramreddyRevanth Arramreddy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wooo finally. Thanks a lot Amanda. Have been waiting for this for a long time. Hopefully it will be ready in next few months and in time for our Power BI embedded roll out for over 5000 users.

• Per SolliPer Solli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Amanda,

This is very very important feature. Hopefully it gets implemented soon.

• Greg SharrowGreg Sharrow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great addition! Please don't forget people using Ipads and phones on a browser where Ctrl-click is not available (like so far on the drill through with right click).

• BenBen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Visual Filtering is nice - but having the ability to filter columns by different criteria would be very very helpful and more user friendly. Example, in our business two of our top metrics are based on ticket statues, 'Closed' & 'Work complete', and the other metric is based off 'Closed' We have to create two visuals to filter these. Having this in one table or matrix - but being able to filter within the selected column would be powerful

• VickyDVickyD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good to know. Much much awaited feature!

Already dreading having to demo a dashboard without it. Having this feature just makes analysis so much more intuitive.

I'm probably asking for too much but I do hope it gets done quickly and makes its way into the next GA release of Power BI Report Server as well.

• Eduardo SorensenEduardo Sorensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great! I use a "workaround" adding slicers, but mostly just because I cross-highlight multiple charts.
        Hope you figure this out quickly.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree that this is a game changing feature, which need to be addressed at the highest priority. As there are a number of similar ideas in this forum, I believe the actual total votes for this feature is way over 1000

• GustafGustaf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really, the lack of this basic functionality makes Power BI feel like a kids' version compared to Qlik and Tableau! Power BI got so many other fantastic features that made it a favorite within my organization, but the lack of this simple thing makes us holding back on rolling it out wide in organization.

• DebbieDebbie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just ... YES. Multi-filtering across multiple tables is vital for us.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I started to use Power BI and as Qlik user this was the first thing that I saw. We are not able also just to click in the chart and filter whatever you want. You need to go to filter tab.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.