How can we improve Power BI?

Integrate SSRS reports

Source dashboard reports from SSRS reports.

1,605 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jeremiah Harrell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Mey Meenakshisundaram responded  · 

We are actively working on integrating SSRS reports into Power BI. SSRS is a very rich platform with huge array of extensibility options that customers are heavily using. So running these reports on prem and delivering the results to Power BI dashboard tiles is one option that we are exploring as a first step. If you have any inputs/suggestions, please comment on it.

89 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John Guilbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update....come on. It's been a while lads. We are starting to get a lot of legacy SharePoint 2007 R2 with SSRS integration. We need support for this or at least advice on a suitable third-party tool who you are partnered with!

• Jaco Ipsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i vote for this as Connection a data feed from SSRS to a clients Power Bi is giving our customers a good options to create what ever they need :)

• David Vinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously - this should be second nature - I should at least be able to create an atomsvc file with SSRS reports and import them directly into PowerBI. To make it truly seamless, it would be great to be able to import the SSRS report definition into PowerBI as a start for a template for a data model. Please update ASAP

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can pull data from SSRS, Inside Excel 2013. I need the same option Inside Power BI Desktop

• Filious Louis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For those who don't want to have an on-prem solution, it'd be nice to have the option of publishing SSRS reports directly to Power BI Service.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hi there,

After installing powerBI for SSRS server and creating new PowerBIReportSever database
        And Installing Power BI for report server with no issue
        When I try to save the file into report serve I'm getting Server is not reachable
        What is the correct path? I do have an instance ServerName\Dev2016 and my database is PowerBIReportServer

Thanks,
        Oded Dror

• lakshmi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

can please provide the steps for integration of ssrs reports to power bi reports.

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need the ability to connect Power BI on SSRS on prem using a regular SQL Server DB. Is that on the roadmap?

• Luis Simões commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most of the SSRS requirements I have been facing on customers is the hability to have a better support in a table format (usually with the intent to supply a data source for other systems/analysis). Another requirement usually seen is the hability to migrate reports existing in other platforms such as Microstrategy or others to a report like format that can be subscribed and received in email every day.

It would be a great feature if for example, apart from Dashboards, Reports, Excel files etc... we had a possibility to define Data Exports (using the existing models extract data to local files or email attachments either in csv or excel).

• Joviee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be helpful if you could share the planned roadmap for SSRS and Power BI integration.

• Gaston Cruz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please share a roadmap to SSRS and Power BI integration. A brief review of features and not only a possible Mid 2017 date!

• Raphael Nash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to get rid of my SSRS server and publish all my SSRS reports as is to the PowerBI service. One stop shopping for all my reports. The PowerBI service should be able to have most of the features as the SSRS on-prem offering such as running queries directly against my sql server on prem sql server and subscriptions from SSRS reports in power bi just like the on-prem SSRS server.

• Balachandar Gopal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it would be great if Power BI's Q&A feature searches SSRS reports datasets to if any SSRS report is pinned in a dashboard. So user can get quick summaries from very large reports.

• rgoerwit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And the reverse would be good: Allowing us to run SSRS reports in the cloud like Power BI. Not everyone needs to run everything locally. Some want to do it all in the cloud - SSRS included. Gateway will need to support this as well, since SSRS reports may (like Power BI) go againt on-prem data sources.

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that PowerBI needs the ability to "drill across" from a graphic to an SSRS report (passing parameters where needed).

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.