How can we improve Power BI?

Share with external users outside my organisation

It would be essential that the dashboard and reports can also be shared with external users. E.g. to be able to create a dashboard for a customer for example to show the SLA performance.

2,101 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

ITsmart USITsmart US shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

277 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anthony MilanoAnthony Milano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot share reports to my clients who are obviously outside my organization! What gives!?

I personally, need to share reports rather than dashboards because I want to control content at that more detailed level.

• Niek VerhoefNiek Verhoef commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still not able to share reports and workspaces with anybody outside my organisation/external users.
        "These email addresses don't exist in your organization: xxx@gmail.com"
        When will this functionality be enabled? Big requirement for many of us here.
        Please add!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completed? The ability to export to Excel is not the answer to "Share with external users outside my organization". The additional step of exporting to Excel for sharing externally is not the answer.

• Tone'Tone' commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates to this ... I am able to web embed reports and share reports but not an actual dashboard. I get the get the blocked domain message" - guidance/Feedback much appreciated. :)

Probs would be best to move from Oralce SQL to MS SQL if you want to utilize a MS based Business Intelligence platform. Oracle has their own native BI products.

I am a bit confused why you want MS to support a product that is not deveopled by them especially when Oracle ripped out support 11g db support. Seems a bit illogical.

This isn't working for us either. We have a DirectQuery against Oracle. We are able to share a dashboard within our organization. However, external users see a loading icon instead of the report. When you click details it displays a message that they should try again later.

Do we have an update on when this service will be up and running? It IS essential that the dashboard and reports can also be shared. Many thnaks

• Jana SJana S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will this remain, or will it soon be possible to share your dashboard again with external parties? Thanks!

• Tone'Tone' commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too found that although this is market completed I try to share a dashboard outside my organization and still get the blocked domain message when trying to share a dashboard to an email address outside my domain. I have confirmed Admin settings are set to enable sharing as shown in the link below. Is there something else that needs to be done? Thanks!

• Mark WalterMark Walter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature seems to be broken this week. I am able to share from my domain to another domain, however the PRO option does not appear for the external user, thus blocking the dashboard elements.

I don't think this idea has been implemented fully - I cannot share reports with external users, only dashboards. Could you give an update when report sharing will be available?

• AndrewAndrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Echoing Rodrigo's comment below. I have partially sensitive information and we do not want users to be able to share the data outside the SharePoint Page I'm hosting it in.

Is there any way to turn off the share button?

• Ronald KraijesteijnRonald Kraijesteijn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to make it possible to create some kind of Organisation content pack but for people outside the organisation. We are making reports for users outside the organisation and we want to share these reports so that they can compile their own dashboard with report tiles. At the moment, it's only possible to share a dashboard and not a report. The user receives a link to open the dashboard. He doesn't see this shared report in his own environment. A workaround for us is to create a power bi account for the client but this cost us 10 dollar a month and the client needs to sign in with a different account :/

So, yes please! Make it possible to create content pack for users outside the organisation so that they see the shared items in their Power BI interface.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.