How can we improve Power BI?

Customer Support

How can Power BI help me increase the efficiency of my customer support team?

20 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminAdam Wilson (POWER BI) (Product Manager, Microsoft Power BI) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Krishnan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Team,

My Tables are:
    1.DIM_CUSTOMER_ACCOUNT
    2.DIM_BAND_RANGE

Sql Query :
    SELECT * FROM
    DIM_CUSTOMER_ACCOUNT ACC
    RIGHT JOIN DIM_BAND_RANGE BAND ON ACC.BALANCE BETWEEN
    BAND.BAND_LOWER_VALUE AND BAND.BAND_UPPER_VALUE

I'm trying to apply the same logic in Power Bi Using "USERRELATIONSHIP" DAX function.
    How to use three columns along with "Between" function in dax query.

Please help me and share the syntax of the dax query.

Thanks,
    Krishnan

• Jenab commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

Just wondering about creating a relationship between tables.
    Error says relationship cannot be created between two columns as one must have unique values.

My table are:
    1. Exported from SMS
    2. From Active directory

I'm trying to look-up the "ID" fields.
    Both has the same column field name (IntID) and data type. The column in the Active Directory are all unique (no duplicates) whereas the data from SMS has as some students studied twice and took different programmes.

I tried auto detect and manual (Manage relationship), but still can't connect those two tables.

Help please.

Thank you.
    Jen

• Javahar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Viewing or intracting with r visuals is only enabled for domain verified tenants.please contact your it administrator for help..........how can i solve this issue...

• Rod Hardy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am sharing a dashboards with an external companies.
    All but one is able to see their dashboard.
    The have an account and are using the "Pro" version.
    The email domain is "@ebertlang.com".

• gvrspk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Experts,

what is the major difference between on premises and on cloud

My understanding is In on premises having below mentioned features,

->Power query, power pivot, power map access
    ->data security
    ->multiple cloud access
    ->can access only analysis services

on cloud

->can access all the data source
    ->cant perform powerquery ,pivot,map
    ->data's will save in cloud and by cloud only we can call data

kindly explain the differences and detailed major feature differences but cost wise both are changed very drastically.

• Sonam Arora commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Team,

Any ID from Domain "Cars24.com" is not working since 13th May 2017. When we try to login, the message that appears is:
    "We don't recognize this user ID or password".
    Pleae fix this as soon as possible or let me know the reason for this.

• Steven Quinlan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Team, This message came up yesterday and today morning as well. I usually open Power BI from Lasspass, using my manager ones. Please help me how to resolve this issue.
    "Something went wrong.
    Please try again later.
    TECHNICAL DETAILS
    An unknown error occurred. If you continue to see this error, please provide the following information when requesting support.
    Date and Time: 2017-04-18 23:13:32Z
    ActivityId: e46c9af4-78c8-4d6e-9a8c-29d3193b4c0c"
    Thanks

• chidvilash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Team, Facing (500): Internal Server Error when i am trying to get the data form visual studio team server through desktop PowerBI.
    Actual my url is 'https://smsgaccessibilityreviews.visualstudio.com'; when i am hit the data the powerbi add new token in above url like

Details: "Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://smsgaccessibilityreviews.analytics.visualstudio.com/MSCOM/_odata/Projects'; (500): Internal Server Error"

please help me how to resolve this issue

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can I share my dashboard on cloud or the receiver should have power bi installed?

• Priya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How to sync data imported from a source using Power BI desktop and Power BI web app under the same Microsoft account?

• Priya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi! I am just able to import Salesforce reports and dashboards using Power BI web app. However I don't see any option for importing objects(not the custom objects) from Salesforce. How do I import standard objects from Salesforce in Power BI using web app?

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to connect to a REST API with Basic Authentication in Power BI Query. What is the best way to make that connection?

How can I change password for an admin who just left the company? She had her personal mobile number given for the account and now I have to change the password. I need help!

• Miles Ross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good evening.

I have PowerBI desktop on my computer and PowerBI Online dashboard which I log into through office 365. I have accidentally deleted the PowerBI .pbix data file. Is there any way I can retrieve this file some far away server somewhere? Recoverfiles Program?

Hi Team,

I have one query.
    If we purchase power bi desktop can we get the multiple login option in single key.
    Can we create different accounts for different clients?

Thanks in advance.

• Jothikumar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Adam,

Greetings for the day!!!

As I'm aware from the technical content, posts, discussions and blogs that;

1. Power BI could be connected to SAP BW only through VPN connectivity.
    2. Power BI does not support connectivity through router string.
    3. What's the possibility that Power BI could be connected to SAP BW without VPN?
    4. I tried to install and connect Power BI to my SAP BW (running on Windows Server 2008 R2), but unable to succeed in establishing a connection. Any other way round to achieve this would be much appreciated.
    5. Is data refresh from SAP BW (running on Windows 2003 Server) to Power BI (Trial version) possible? If so how to configure the same?

Request you to address my above queries at the earliest so that we can suggest our client to go for the same Front end reporting tool.

Thanks and Regards,
    Jothikumar
    Sr. Consultant.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.