How can we improve Power BI?

UserVoice

Many organizations use UserVoice for feedback on their products and services.

Currently, you have to write a program to export data from UserVoice and import it into Excel.

I'd like to see UserVoice work w/Power BI to build a connector from UserVoice to the Power BI service and Power Query.

20 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Maria Balsamo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • atma gaurav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Team,

I have a client requirement to display the treemap values in alphabetical order. The value field is identical so all the tiles are of same size but it display the tile name in reverse alphabetical order (z-->a) . I need to show it in (a--->z) order . is it possible ?

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Current native support for DLP is lacking. Important to have such a capability similar to the rest of the O365 stack.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please let me export my theming from a report so I can use it with another report, with ALL available settings.

Please make error information display the actual error (with columns and reason) so we do not need to open a ticket to troubleshoot every issue

• Prem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Add possibility in bubble chart add lines to x and y axis custom measures.

Maybe in constant value fields. Maybe in new menu. Look, we have fact sales amount on x axis (bubbles) and we want add on x axis plan amount (line) , but now we can't do this. The same on y axis - we set order number as bubble and we want compare it with plan as line.

• Zaman Ahmad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hello,

I am trying to start Power BI, but getting the below error. however I tried uninstalling and installing the latest version, but still unable to start Power BI. can anyone advise or help.

Feedback Type:
    Frown (Error)

Error Message:
    Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.DiagramView.IDiagramViewManager", name = "(none)".
    Exception occurred while: Calling constructor Microsoft.DiagramView.Diagram.Visual.DiagramDisplay(Microsoft.DiagramView.Diagram.Visual.ERDiagram Diagram, Microsoft.Mashup.Client.ClientShared.WindowsHost windowsHost, Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Services.IReportManager reportManager, Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Services.IEventAggregationService eventAggregationService, Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Modeling.IModelAuthoringService modelAuthoringService).
    Exception is: ConnectionException - A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running.
    -----------------------------------------------
    At the time of the exception, the container was:

Resolving Microsoft.DiagramView.Diagram.DiagramViewManager,(none) (mapped from Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.DiagramView.IDiagramViewManager, (none))
    Resolving parameter "diagramControl" of constructor Microsoft.DiagramView.Diagram.DiagramViewManager(Microsoft.DiagramView.Diagram.Visual.DiagramDisplay diagramControl)
    Resolving Microsoft.DiagramView.Diagram.Visual.DiagramDisplay,(none)
    Calling constructor Microsoft.DiagramView.Diagram.Visual.DiagramDisplay(Microsoft.DiagramView.Diagram.Visual.ERDiagram Diagram, Microsoft.Mashup.Client.ClientShared.WindowsHost windowsHost, Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Services.IReportManager reportManager, Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Services.IEventAggregationService eventAggregationService, Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Modeling.IModelAuthoringService modelAuthoringService)

Stack Trace:
    at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.DoBuildUp(Type t, Object existing, String name, IEnumerable`1 resolverOverrides)
    at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainer.Resolve(Type t, String name, ResolverOverride[] resolverOverrides)
    at Microsoft.Practices.Unity.UnityContainerExtensions.Resolve[T](IUnityContainer container, ResolverOverride[] overrides)
    at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.DependencyInjectionService.Resolve[T]()
    at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.<>c__DisplayClassa.<Main>b__0()
    at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.IExceptionHandlerExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass7.<HandleExceptionsWithNestedTasks>b__6()
    at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionHandlerExtensions.HandleExceptions(IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Action action)

• Nicolle Brice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, trying to ascertain how secure Power BI Dashboards are. Rumour is that dashboard published are publicly available or at least to all members of the organisation. How can we publish reports to specific SharePoint Online security groups? Surely there must be a way. Is it a licensing issue? I can't find any clear specification on this. Thank you.

Power bi should be part of azure stack in order to allow companies who do not want their data to be moved to cloud just to use the power bi capabilities

• Jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It looks like Zendesk is supported out of the box, would be useful to see Uservoice easily hookupable. Thanks!

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.