How can we improve Power BI?

Slicer Hierarchy

Dragging a hierarchy into a report and change it to slicer... can we get a slicer with hierarchy (collapsible/expandable)?

1,457 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Derrick Han shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

73 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish I could vote for this more than 3 times. This is essential to my business fully buying into power BI

• Bob Gear commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 for this. I arrived on this page by trying to find out if this function exists.
    I, too would like to see a proper hierarchy drill-down for use with SSAS hierachies in preference to cascaded single slicers

• Jeroen Vs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is still being considered? Would be a great addition to the live SSAS Connection.

• Daniel (Australia) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be amazing if it is possible so that it is similar to how a multidimensional cube's hierarchies are used similar to COGNOS & SAS. Hence, instead of having 5 slicers, we only need 1.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Creating hierarchies via data modeling view or custom MDX "Named Sets" would be super-powerful in terms of visualizing data.

The more functional the slicers the better! They are one of the most important visualization tool.

Would be nice if when using a source which has hierarchies that those can flow through to the slicer. EG SSAS Cube source.

1 2 4 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.