How can we improve Power BI?

Ability to add Feedback or Questions on Dashboard

Would be great if we had a notes area of the Dashboard for people to leave comments or questions about the content on the Dashboard. Same would be true for the PowerView Reports, except have them rollup in the Dashboard area.

599 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kevin Mullins shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

48 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Patrick Willborn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are in need for this feature too - but indipendent from another solution like as Yammer. MD's and KPI owners have to be able to make a short comment to the shown data - i.e. giving the reason why a figure has dropped or increased - but also on the reports, not only on dashboards. We currently work with the workaround, that each chart/measure has a number, and MD's have to give their comments into an excel, which will be uploaded on a separate report page.

• Daniel (Australia) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will Thompson, perhaps an easy way of doing this is to integrate Yammer with Power BI. In other words, I could create a group specific to a dashboard. PowerBI then has a widget that links the group to the dashboard so that everyone can discuss and leave comments. DOMO analytics excels at this. Please take a look at their how they have integrated Dashboards and forums. Hope Power BI can up the ante.

• Régis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a highly wanted feature from many customers. The ability to comment on data where comments are attached to the data (and not the cell like in Excel)

• Lutz Stolz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Feedback, comments and description of described data is a feature that is extremely important for a lot of clients. Currently I'm in contact with a huge German utility company which declares this feature as the final roadblocker.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this on hot list? Due to no comment message, we can't move from Excel files to Power BI portal.

• Shane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great suggestion:

Being able to add comments to tiles and even "mark up" charts with annotations, like a user would mark up an image on Kotaku would be super helpful.

The tool is set up to be collaborative, but there is no way to communicate that collaboration between stakeholders.

• Daniel Bartley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a feature of DataZen. Porting their comments system is preferable to the current annotations and export feature.

• John Mower commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have this requirement for scorecards that go through a collaborative review cycle before results are presented at an ROB. Business language comments providing details about the results (for example "get to green" plans) are added to the data results by SMEs and eventually published with the scorecard deliverable. Some kind of social capability to enable this process that was connected to my dashboard would be useful. I could even see this as a way to gain approval or "certify" results to improve confidence for decision makers.

1 3 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.