How can we improve Power BI?

SSRS Reports for drill down into detailed reports

I think using SSRS type of reports to show detailed information that make up measures dispalayed on the dashboard would be useful. Currently I do that in performance point using actions from my tabular models. I think if that was included this would be a full replacement to performance point.

753 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dan UmstattdDan Umstattd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paul TurleyPaul Turley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will, I think it's important to acknowledge that this is a feature request that would be a game-changer for enterprise deployments and adoption, but will likely not get votes from novice or self-service-only users. Please consider that when ranking and prioritizing feature requests.

• Mike WMike W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We could sell a lot more Power BI if we had this functionality. Any update on adding this functionality?

• Greg SharrowGreg Sharrow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really would make this a world class tool. Right now I have to say Power Bi is for dashboards (and it is very good), but if you want reports (which most people do) you have to use a different toolset and they aren't very integrated. This capability would cover the vast majority of use cases,

• rgoerwitrgoerwit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea has popped up in several SSRS-related suggestions. The basic point is that many of us want a way to drill down/across from analytical reports to SSRS-based "detail" reports. We'll need a way to specify an SSRS report or server and pass parameters from PowerBI to SSRS. It could be implemented as an extra item grouped together with ...->"Eport Data"

• sreinmansreinman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to see a dynamic URL or Report action from Power BI that can take the user to an SSRS report for a drill down based on the filters that are applied to Power BI report

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolute must to bring Power BI inline with other analytical tools. Please review and provide and update.

• Greg SharrowGreg Sharrow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Under review since 2014? Any update? This lack of a feature is a show stopper for us to use this in a very large implementation.

• Mukesh SinghMukesh Singh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SSRS - Drill Down Report
        Drill-down describes an increasing granularity in the management of data with comfortable functions for navigating through the data where user is capable to jump to the next level of detail or the next report object on the same level, hide individual levels and switch between the detail and drilldown data information.
        http://www.sql-datatools.com/2015/06/microsoft-drilldown-ssrs-report.html

• AndyAndy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In order to drill down into SSRS we need to be able to pass parameters

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a key feature that is preventing me from putting a stamp of approval and start to use it

• suhail alisuhail ali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Baking in the drill-down right into the tabular model and allowing custom SSRS drill-down reporting would be ideal. Client tools should be able to query the model for drill-down metadata to provide for a great drill-down experience while customized drill-down reporting would be used to handle specific reporting requirements

• DARDAR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an excellent idea and should be considered a higher priority given the latest roadmap for sharepoint and the push to move to PowerBI. To compete with other products drill-down is a version 1 type of capability. This gets my vote to add!

• BjoernBjoern commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, the drill-down functionality would be great. The very aggregated visuals are great, but if you want to deep-dive, you need more and more visuals, which makes it hard to observe. Please implement this feature! I agree with "Rafal Lukawiecki", but then at least integrate SSRS directly into a PBI-webserver, so both tools can be used simultaneously and seamless.

Personally I really don't like SSRS, as it feels & looks old and doesn't make fun. :)

• Rafal LukawieckiRafal Lukawiecki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

...or a good drilldown/show data functionality that would allow for a seamless transition from an interactive dashboard/report into a table of more detailed rows. My enterprise customers often observe that "modern" visualisations do not think of traditional, paginated reports as useful. Boring-looking as they are, paginated reports are still extremely important, but it would be cool to integrate them better into a dashboard-driven workflow. If SSRS is the right tool, so be it. "Table" visualisation in Power View/BI is not sufficient and does not allow printing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.