How can we improve Power BI?

Drill-down should drill or cross-filter other visualizations on the page

I have a report page with multiple charts and visualizations. Let's say one of the chart shows Sales by Year and I drill down into 2013 to see the sales by month in 2013. Currently, the drill-down has no effect on the other charts and visualizations on the page; they still show data for all years, not just for 2013. Instead, I'd like other charts to drill down into 2013 or filter by 2013 as well.

2,494 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Riccardo MutiAdminRiccardo Muti (Admin, Microsoft Power BI) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

187 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sakshi GoelSakshi Goel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Drill down should cross-filter other visualization.I need this feature for my web analytics.This will help me to use Filled map as a filter.and multi selection of state,city in case of drill down is also required.Please let me know when are u releasing this feature?It will be a great help and contribution from your side.

• Anthony CipollaAnthony Cipolla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

....just discovered that Pivot Table Drill downs don't affect other visuals!!!! Looks likes this is affecting lots of folks.... Please can this be reprioritised????

• Ryan HoltRyan Holt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any further progress on this? This is currently VITAL to our fault analysis of equipment failures. This is a must have for us. As mentioned below Tableau already does this and if we cant get it in PowerBI may have to change back to Tableau.

• Saur dashSaur dash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just had to massively limit the interactivity of a dashboard I have built for my company due to this missing vital component. This functionality is integral to the Power BI user experience and I am stunned that it still hasn't been implemented.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, Is there any way we can sort this out? or like in how much time will this be available? I am facing the same issue.

I transitioned from Tableau to PowerBI and this feature was very good which gives a very interactive experience to users. Users also like it instead of selecting multiple drop down filters...

• VickyDVickyD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the single most important feature missing currently. Frankly, everything else is secondary. I'm pretty much holding off on any demos or trying to get people in the company excited about this product until this is implemented.

Hi, this would be EXTREMLY important and definetly a must-have for my visualizations.. Not having this functionality is a huge setback vs other BI applications :(

• BJonesBJones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Suggestion added: 11-2014
        Pain still present: 9-2017

Seriously guys, this is a BIG fail on the value of the visualizations :(

We use the drill down so that we can aggregate the information from multiple projects on one page, then drop down into the level of detail we need. Not having this really eliminates this critical workflow.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.