How can we improve Power BI?

Text wrap in tables, cards, etc.! -- in dashboards and reports.

I created an Excel workbook with an XML feed from A.W.rd.A.Day: http://wordsmith.org/awad/rss1.xml. I created a table in PV; text in the description of the word is cut off. I upload to PBI and create a tile. Text in the tile is also cut off. Not cool!

1,302 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Maggie SparkmanMaggie Sparkman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

195 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Leah HLeah H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will this idea's implementation also include word wrap in bar charts, line charts, etc.? I am very glad this functionality is becoming available for tables, matrices, and cards, but
        I also really need it for bar charts and other visuals. Categorical labels frequently get cut off in these charts. There is often not a good way for me to shorten these labels in my context, and drilling further into a hierarchy compounds the problem.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why, after 4 years on the ideas list and with over a thousand votes has this not yet been added? The values in the grid need to wrap so you can display any commentary in datasets! Come on now, get this sorted please

• ShaSha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our reports don't look great with text truncated because of field sizing, in order to get all relevant fields into this report. Word wrapping would be a blessing for this problem!

• RajkumarRajkumar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very much needed feature, without this feature it is no use of having Power BI reports. Can we have an ETA for this feature to be implement for Tables?

• MelissaMelissa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is great. A word wrap on Card would be awesome. Not yet see it :), but looking forward to it !

Please, it is essential that Power BI enables wrapping text in a table/matrix, as we have "free text" fields and the scroll turns too long and unworkable.

Yes please. I use power bi for surveys which include a couple of free text comments (like WHY did you give this score). Right now I have to export all those comments to Word and provide them separately from all my other analytics.

• Arden ShackelfordArden Shackelford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to be warp the content of cells. We have surveys that contain free text comments that can be almost a full paragraph in length. I need to be able to keep the comment in view without having to horizontal scroll.

• Jose ArjonaJose Arjona commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please, deploy wrapping text within cells ASAP! really needed for keeping Power BI under my tooling!

surprised and disappointed this isn't available. Currently in evaluation stage of PowerBI, this may be enough to have to choose a competitor as it is such basic functionality that most of the reporting I need to do can't be done without this feature.

Yes, word wrap in columns, word wrap in within the tables, cards and matrices themselves (muli-row) is critical. Look forward to having that basic capability ASAP. Thank you.

Bring it on! Need this wrapping within the tables itself other wise multi line text fields are not very nice to report on.

• StefanStefan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

and word wrap in the detail rows too please, anywhere in the table that has text

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.