How can we improve Power BI?

Global filter in dashboards

Allow me to pin a filter to the dashboard that can be associated with one or more pinned dashboard KPIs.

3,684 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Doug Dixon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

268 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is highly needed. Several managers actually gave up using Power BI but using another paid dashboard service in my company because of this function. They don't like to present in a "Report" view to clients and to the board, quote: "dashboard looks more cleaner than the report".

Four years in and this feature is still on the roadmap but not implemented? I'm not sure how to make dashboards work if the filtering doesn't sync. Since I can't copy pages from reports, I was hoping to just pin them all to a single dashboard and filter them that way. This is something that needs to work.

• Yuna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please add this feature asap? This would save so much time!

• Pen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need a global filter applied for a Budget filter as we have a forecast cycle update every quarter. We have already had to create a dynamic filter so you can swap the cycle version on the legend but if you change the report level filter on the report the pin won't update with the latest cycle.

• Vankaya Pappu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

People have been asking this feature to be enabled on dashboards since 2014 and nothing in sight ? is in't this Aug 2018

• JC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having this only makes sense from an end user perspective. Why click on the same year slicers in multiple dashboard reports when one dashboard slicer could do the same thing. Minimize multiple clicks down to one click for the end user.

Power BI Product Managers, is there concern or struggle of how this feature would be implemented? Is there anything you can share regarding how you are thinking this would work? Many people took the survey to explain how we expect it to work, but we need an update!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.