How can we improve Power BI?

Optional Combo Chart Visuals

Allow various combinations of combo chart. Example: Area and line chart. Bar and area. or two lines with different axis (pct and $). Similar to functionality in Excels combo charts.

407 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Nick Snapp shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are really looking for more advanced combo charts. multiplie line incl doted, additionally area chart. we want to show complexe data set in one graph which is then immedialtly showing the message

Agree - At least need the same capability of Excel now, which allows for a combo chart where the chart type can be set for each measure. For example, a stacked area, stacked bar and a line, all in one chart.

This is a good idea Nick. I see a lot of benefit in this, especially if there is functionality to determine which data elements plot against which axis..ie. column & lineA on primary axis and lineB on secondary axis or any other variation...

• Jared commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature to be able to have a combo Scatter plot with a third measure as a line or "Scatter with Straight Lines" plotted against the same X-Y axis. Basically that allows us to plot 2 different 'Details' and choose 1 of those 'Details' to be a Line.

• AmberM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature to the 'Change Chart Type' like you can get in Excel. I need to show LY Sales as a Column on the Primary Axis, TY Sales as a Line Chart Type on the Primary Axis, and % $ Chg as a Line Chart Type on the Secondary axis. I have created this using the Combo Chart Type in MS Excel for years, and it seems antiquated that this is not offered in Power BI. We were able to do this in Qlikview as well.

• SP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. Just being able to set the line width to 0 (like in Excel) would be very helpful.

• Nathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be great to have chart combo with a bar chart, and line chart with markers only. Currently can't set line width to zero.

Very important to have a option of choosing dot or line in combo chart (In target position)

• Shane Glasheen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to also be able to choose between dotted, dashed and full line as per other visuals. The current full-line only is quite a limitation.

We need also the combination of bars and points:
    We usually display benchmarks as points together with bars. (We do so already in tools like QlikView, where this is not a problem at all)
    That way we have a reference for each bar. We would also need a combo chart for horizontal bars.
    A line suggests a wrong connection between these single facts.

• satvir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

any update on this ask. this feature is pretty basic and we need this to migrate from adpulse.

• Meredith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ability to remove the line between points or a scatter bar combo visual

• Lauren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need a combo chart that can support bar, line, and area. Right now I have to "layer" an area chart on top of a combo chart to get my desired visual. Not ideal. Would love to see this feature implemented!

The basic combo chart functionality should be included. Any visualizations easily done in Excel should be possible in Power BI.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.