(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminAdam Wilson (POWER BI) (Product Manager, Microsoft Power BI) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Taryn Myers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This, along with other non-existent data connectors are a must for marketing professionals. Marketing is a huge user group that I feel has been completely neglected. The only direct connect that exists in BI is Google Analytics. None of the other data sources are readily available. And we keep just finding work-arounds that the average person without M language or other language experience are just lost on. Please, can we get some of our marketing data sources connected!

• Lionel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really want use more power BI but how is possible that an app from microsoft don't even have possibility to get data from facebook ads or business manager ? :( I hope we don't have to wait 10 years....

• QS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a Power BI users I just wanted to share my work bottleneck with you. Hope you can help out with that.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did BI ever give a status on this or has anyone heard anything? It is important and used by many companies so we need this connectivity.

• Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, the need for a facebook marketing api (facebook ads) connector is really urgent!

• michael austin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with adding connectivity for Facebook Ad Manager. Today's social media marketing analytics is MUCH more than likes and comments. I'll also add the request for 'status' of this feature? How come sites (like we are currently using) like Cyfe.com have Facebook Ad Manager connectivity and Microsoft does not?

I'd like to move our analytics to Power BI but can't get the Facebook Ad Manager piece which really decreases the value of Power BI.

• Rick Hardy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also important for my project, one important user group is unlikely to support Power BI as our solution if they cant connect all the necessary data sources.

• Steve Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A trick I use...download cURL for windows with https support. Use cURL from the cmd of your windows machine to download various insights from campaigns, ad sets and ads.

Example:

You can get conversion data by either when the impression occurred or when the conversion occurred. For example, if a person saw the ad on Jan 1st but converted on Jan 2nd, when you query the API with action_report_time=impression, you see a conversion on Jan 1st. When you query the API with action_report_time=conversion, you see a conversion on Jan 2nd.

curl -G
        -d 'action_report_time=conversion'
        -d 'access_token=<ACCESS_TOKEN>'
        https://graph.facebook.com/v2.6/<CAMPAIGN_ID>/insights
        - O <filename>.csv

#Then upload the CSV to BI.

• Jannis Busch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really important and should be quickly done for the power bi team. Please give me the opportunity to connect to facebook ads api so i dont have to manually download the excel files

• Khuram Malik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi is there any news on this? I'd love to be able to download Facebook Ads data and analyse it in BI

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.