Add Quick Access Toolbar to new Ribbon, or at least Save/Undo/Redo
The new ribbon introduced as a preview in the Nov 2019 release is really good, but it got rid of the Quick Access Toolbar that gave us persistent access to the Save, Undo, and Redo buttons no matter what ribbon was showing.
Now, there is no save button, and Undo/Redo are in the Home ribbon only, so you cannot access them with the mouse from the View, Modeling, or other ribbons.
FULL QAT please. Adds efficiency.
Jacob Huempfner commented
I can't seem to share my thoughts on the other page, but I agree that Save, Undo, and Redo are important to have visible at all times. Having redo hidden underneath the undo button when using the simplified ribbon leads to redoing something taking double the clicks. I don't personally need the customization or other things so much, as long as these three buttons are present.
a FULL QAT is needed for PowerBI, it was one feature I missed the most until I determined I could add items to it (but not by using a menu as I do in Excel)
At the very least, please add back the version you had prior to the new Ribbon enhancement, and if possible consider making it more like Excel's QAT.
What I mean by this is:
1. the ability to add commands using a (hopefully searchable) list menu
2. the ability to reorder commands on the QAT (something the most recent version was lacking)
3. allow us to chose to show above or below the ribbon
and if you want to get even BETTER - then I would also add:
4. variable, if I have selected something on the canvas that makes the command on the QAT invalid, either minimize or disappear the command on the QAT
5. if we have the ribbon minimized, let us choose to show or close the QAT
Gotta have my save button
Don't take away the QAT. It is FUNDAMENTAL to productivity in Office and applies to Power BI as well.