How can we improve Power BI?

Option to use either light or dark interface.

New Desktop app update installed an almost white user interface. There is zero contrast which is not good for the eyes. I see where some people have requested a light interface so incorporate an option to select either light or dark theme like in the Office apps.

787 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

BW shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

92 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Torsten VW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know why you make us request this. You had it all along, switched it ... and now we get to request and wait.

• Samuel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, make a hundred color modes but, at least, give us the option to choose dark mode or whatever mode...

• Maxime de Montbron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Power BI was dark since I was using it in March 2019. I updated it recently in July and all of a sudden my theme is all light. MY EYES!!! AAAH!! Please include an optional dark theme.

• Luiz Colgonesi Neto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sinceramente, achei a mudança desnecessária e que prejudicou o uso da ferramenta, pois tornou a visualização muito cansativa, por favor, voltem a interface escura.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back the dark mode!!! I can't handle this. Really wish I had seen this feedback before I updated. Seriously, this is terrible.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The person who decide to change the interface color to light should immediately be resigned from his position. I hope you read it and realize that you are not the right person for your current position.

• No commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very disappointing to see them entirely ignore the outrage over this UI change, even so much as to see people complain that the new theme causes them actual physical pain and is entirely unusable by people with certain vision handicaps.
    Still; no rush or even mention of when this will be fixed over a month later.

• josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had a concussion recently and staring at a screen isn't particularly good for you. (but ya know.. work = moneys) but now its a painfully bright screen.

Feels made worse by not being able to change back to the original dark mode. I just don't why you would force the update while having no ability to go back to original mode. *shrugs*

• Gilbert Talavera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back the dark mode. I have to redo some of the previous dashboards due to a direct query issue. But the dark mode is no longer available, which means we have to re-adjust the colors on the visuals.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.