How can we improve Power BI?

Dark Theme/Alternate Color Desktop Themes

Enable a dark/black/gray theme for the various versions of BI; to enable ease of use.

142 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Matthew Christensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see a dark mode theme in Power BI to ease the transition between various Microsoft products that I use on a daily basis. These apps include Visual Studio 2019, VS Code, Azure Data Studio, Azure Storage Explorer.

• Alessandro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please this would be very important (and simple to implement I can imagine since it was in place before)

• Hector commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to get back the dark theme because is too dificult resalt the icons for me in light/grey color background.
    I need the black theme in my power bi desktop please.
    Versión: 2.70.5494.761 64-bit (junio de 2019)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this feature available in some Microsoft applications and not all?? It boggles my mind. Make this feature available across all applications, including Power BI!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish that they would switch this awful theme, this light grey burns my eyes and I get headaches if I look more that 10 minute on the dashboard. It is too reckless to make such a change without a option to revert it back to normal.

• Joe Claxton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Crazy it works now. The bright theme gives me eyestrain and adds to the cognitive workload when laying out reports. Controls are harder to distinguish in this June 2019 ultra bright theme.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.