How can we improve Power BI?

Export Column Profiles as a Table

my customers love the new column profiling feature in Power Query. With the GA today, it is even better. One thing I have been asked for a few times now is the ability to export the column profile data as the result of a query. Ideally this could be exported to Excel for further investigation, or simply return it to ta table in Power BI for further investigation.

37 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Matt Allington shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Stretcharm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can use the Table.Profile() M function to get a profile that can be exported

• Daniel Bartley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I only disagree about the output for the query. I want to input the query into a power bi data flow as GUI generated m code and write it to Azure Data Lake gen 2 same as the other queries. Then I can read it from anywhere.

• Paul Southerland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to export Column Profiling metrics for Six Sigma and Performance Excellence initiatives would be a great way to guide and measure the actual gains from business process improvement projects and inform greater improvement efforts.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.