How can we improve Power BI?

New Filter Experience - prevent user from removing filter

On the new filter experience - we would like the ability to remove the "X" icon in the top right corner that allows user to delete the filter from the filter pane. They can use the "eraser" icon to clear the filter, or a "select all" option, but once a user deletes the filter completely, they have a hard time getting it back. We'd rather just block them from being able to completely remove a filter.

Note - this is NOT the same as locking a filter. Locking does prevent a user from deleting the filter, but also prevents them from changing what is selected in the filter. We want the users to be able to change what is in the filter...just not be able to completely delete it from the filter pane.

7 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Scott Powell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Didier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Voted. Filters are so important that the developper needs a total control on the filter pane. The ideas about the filter pane will have no end.
    Personaly, I would like to have a more flexible solution with the possibility to add the slicers I want including custom visuals. So I developped my own solution.

Please have a look at this one minute video and share your comments there :

https://thebipower.fr/index.php/2019/02/01/add-a-filter-page-to-your-report/

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.