How can we improve Power BI?

Paginated reports - please make it available in Pro as well as Premium

Paginated reports - please make it available in Pro as well as Premium .. thank you

1,457 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

80 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Martin D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is key to our Business and is part of our roadmap to replace our third party reporting engine we use for our Dynamics AX reports. We were early adopters of Power BI, so we assume we should inherit of this feature with our Pro licenses !

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! This is a very important feature to make Power BI the complete solution for BI for the company.

• Paul O'Connor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,Unless i misunderstand the definition or requirement, this is already in PBI Pro?I have a report contacting a REST API where it queries it for the page count, sorts the columns and the outputs pulling all the data. Max page pull is 1k and there are 30k results which i get all of them.I got it working by adapting the accepted solution on this page:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46904641/how-to-get-paginated-data-from-api-in-power-biI hope it helps some of you :)If i am wrong, apologies, but always worth a shot to try and help someone :)

As a BI consultant I have to say this is a must to get Power BI fully adopted in small and medium sized companies.

The step to premium is way too big for a small to medium sized company. Without knowledge on SSRS youre pretty much fudged.

Please make paginated reports available in Power BI Professional as soon as possible. We have a strong need to be able to share paginated reports with external parties.

I am for this idea. It's necessary to cut a board with an autoadjustment before to print a pdf.

For example when a report owns 100 lines and it's possible to see only 50 lines in one page , a system must permit to cut automaticaly by packet and wave. 50 lines in the first page, 50 in the second page , etc ...

• Scott Schwarze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is essential if are adopt Power BI fully. We require two environments (we use SSRS as well) we cannot afford the luxury of a Premium subscription even though we are an A5 enterprise customer. In addition there is no reason to move to Power BI if you can not email Paginated reports to end users like in SSRS. Yes we have Tableau in the environment but not widely accepted as well. The install cost and management is too great. Power BI and email is the method we would prefer but if your not make the features the same as SSRS we can abandon the old ways.

If it is there for pro version and migration tools available, would be much easier for SME to move to power bi platform from legacy SSRS.

This would be a dream come true! I often use 3 db sources (DB2, Oracle, SQLServer) merged into my PBI reports, and so far the only way to use them if they are > 1 screen shot, is to export the entire dataset and create pivot tables.

• Steve Krueger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is essential if our organization is to fully adopt Power BI. Managing and maintaining two environments (we use SSRS as well) is not sustainable in the long run, and as a non-profit we cannot afford the luxury of a Premium subscription.

• Wanderlei Santos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same regarding sql server editions. Just because you're a small business doesn't mean you are not complex and require advanced features. Price by size, not feature set.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.