How can we improve Power BI?

Power BI embedded - picture URL in dashboard

We are going to use embedded dashboards and reports in our organization. In som of the dashboards I have added af tile which consist of a picture with an link/URL. This reference to another webapplication (in this case a rather simple budget application). When using the dashboard in the Power BI service and click on the picture it just works fine. I get redirected to the budget module (in opens up in another tab in the browser.
However - when I do the same thing (click on the tile) in Power BI embedded, it simply do not work. I should be possible (in Power BI embedded) to click on a tile and it simply opens the browser and direct you to the web application. It should also be possible to get directed to the URL in the iFrame (thoug I do prefer that it opens another tab in the browser).
This could open to all kinds of possibilities. FYI - I have not found a work around for this particular problem, though you can add a text field and insert a link/URL in the tile. It is however not a pretty solution in the dashboard.

1 vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.