How can we improve Power BI?

Persistent Filters

In our Report Server deployment the most frequent request by end users is: “Give me a prefiltered (eg. by departement) version of the standard report so that I will not have to spend time on filtrering” - the request is valid - but with more than 100 departments maintaining such a setup becomes extremely time consuming - therefore I suggest bringing Persistent Filters to Report Server - it would dramatically reduce the time needed to maintian a enterprise
scale BI deployment - and would be a kikker-feature for Power BI Report Server (and align features beteeen cloud and on-prem)
Filters for Report Server

32 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mads Brink Hansen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tony Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps implementing Personal Bookmarks in PBIRS could also satisfy this requirement as well?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The slick interactive controls allow us to present data in engaging and effective ways without reinventing a bunch of wheels. This is great stuff -- until we found out we cannot get it to our users without sending them a bunch of "clutter." We could already do that. Persistent filtering would allow us to use this and it will surely be popular.

• Marc D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would really like to see this on premise (PBIRS) in the same format as cloud service

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.