How can we improve Power BI?

Multiple connection per system on gateway

Currently only one connection is allowed on a system in the gateway. We have multiple market implementation which requires different logon id for each market but connecting to the same system. Currently this is not possible on a single gateway. This requires adding additional gateway.

21 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Scott Powell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree 100% this is needed. We need a way to have multiple connections to the same database using different credentials to enforce security.

• Mike Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be fundamental as it is required to appropriately secure access to the back end system for unattended processing of data refreshes

Modify the "uniqueness" check for duplicate data sources to include the data source plus the stored UserID to allow multiple data source connections as long as the UserID is different.

This allows me to only expose the data source connections to user groups based on their area of responsibility and the data they are allowed to include in reports.

Otherwise I have to set the permissions on the stored UserID to include all possible data (bad, bad, bad), or I have to create multiple gateways , one for each UserID (PIMA**).

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.