How can we improve Power BI?

Python on Scheduled Refresh

On PowerBi Desktop we can get data using Python Scripts, but after published we can't schedule a refresh data for this connection. The PowerBI returns:
"Query contains unknown funtion name: Python.Execute."
It would be better if all features on desktop would work on web too.

144 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ricardo Moreno shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please don't mark this as completed. Not supported by Power BI service. Please make it available as soon as possible.

• Viet Pm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This function is still not available. I don't understand why admin marked it completed above.

Is the ability to do a scheduled refresh for a python script in the pipeline? On the ideas forum it's marked as completed - but refreshing the data inside the web application does not work.

• Viet Pm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This function should be added ASAP. I wrote lots of Python code to analyze my data and then realized that I need to refresh it by hand everyday because schedule refresh for Python is not available.

• Darin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding python to PowerBI without allowing it to run on the web update defeats the purpose; if I have to run it manually, I'd just use a Jupyter Notebook... I use PowerBI to allow for daily updates and to share with my team in real-time.

Please allow python scripts to run on the web app as you have done with R.

Also, there needs to be a way to upload models made in sklearn [or other packages] to run on this, so that we can train our models offline and just run them on the updates.

• Rob Charlton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto to the other comments. If python features can't be used in the webservice, it's much more limited in its usefulness.

Yes! This is very much needed if the python feature will be of use to our company.

It's cool to have Python in Power BI Desktop, but if it doesn't work on Power Bi Service, it's pointless!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.