How can we improve Power BI?

Power BI Free users can see Power BI Reports embedded in Teams Channels

At present, users with Power BI Free licenses cannot view Power BI reports embedded in their team's Teams Channels, EVEN if they report in question is hosted on a Premium Workspace. They are forced to view it direct on the Power BI Cloud Service.

This is not a good user experience, and cheapens the proposed value of the Premium product. Free users should be able to see (at minimum) Premium-hosted Reports embedded in Teams Channels, the same as all Pro users are currently able to.

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Power-BI-and-Microsoft-Teams/td-p/186860

71 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jack Vishneski shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sergey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please please, Microsoft, make this work! Discovered this issue today, after I enthusiastically put together a new dashboard for our management. Teams is a great resource for us all to communicate, and I want the relevant Teams to be able to access information from Power BI seamlessly, without navigating to the published App webpage

• Martin Geach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Such a real problem for me right now. I agree that this simple dev app should be viewable for all in the Teams Tab- else what's the point?!

• Dave Teece commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea should rise to the top of Microsoft's list if they truly want the Team space to be the outstanding collaborative tool they tout it to be.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.