Organizing Measures into Categories using Folders
Adding few measures to your data model in PowerBI could be easily managed, but what about adding tens or even hundreds of measures! Organizing those measure into categories using folders could help a lot.
To show you what I exactly mean, I will demonstrate the alternative way to create those folders using empty tables:
1. Select "Enter Data" from the Home ribbon > Change the column name to "Id" and choose the table name e.g. "_Financial Measures" (Create all the tables)
2. Select "New Measure" from the Modeling ribbon (Or choose any shortcut) > Type and create a new measure e.g. Total Sales = SUM(Sales[SalesAmount])
3. Select the created measure in the "FIELDS" pane or just click inside the formula bar > Open the "Home Table" list from the modeling ribbon and select a table
4. When done, right-click on the "Id" columns and select Hide
5. Now, Power BI will change the Icon from Table to Measures. How nice!
you can create measure tables by creating a manual table with 1 empty column, then add/move a measure into that table then delete the column. This will create a "table" with only measures contained in it. Then next time you reload the model it will change the icon to a measure icon and pin it to the top
Naji El Kotob commented
A screenshot for the suggested idea