Eraser for Search in Slicer gone if Header hidden
if you turn off the Header for a slicer with text in the field, the eraser vanishes from the Search box so there is no way to clear it. Turning on Titles doesn't fix it either. You must leave the Header on.
Seems like a bug.
Michelle Merchak commented
This happens with every slicer, not just slicers with the search turned on. I don't think it is a bug, but it is annoying. I just always leave the header on and change the name of the column in the field pane to match what I would want the title to say.
In the slicer header menu, beside the formating options, there should be:
- an option whether to show the eraser or not.
- whether you want a list or a dropdown.
- whether you want a search field or not (the standard option should be to have a search available).
If I give the option of having both the eraser and the list or dropdown:
- the end user can change a list to dropdown and get confused.
- the end user has to search where is the value that was chosen (When there are 10 values in a filter it is OK, but when there are hundreds, it is time-consuming)
Agreed. It also seems to me like a odd design decision.
Also, there should be the possibility to change the eraser color.
Yes, agreed. Particularly on a Date slicer where you want to be able to quickly reset the date range back to the default.
Also, if you use a dark colour for the background of the Slicer Header, then you can't easily see the eraser. The eraser should format in the same colour as the Slicer Header Font Colour.
Agreed. This seems an odd design decision.
ed hansberry commented
Oh, this is the June 2018 desktop app, and the error is replicated in the service.