How can we improve Power BI?

Subscribe others to emails for reports or dashboards that have RLS

Power BI now allows users to subscribe others to emails for reports and dashboards. However, if RLS is applied to the dataset this is not possible. This idea will remove this restriction.

420 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminAdam Wilson (POWER BI) (Product Manager, Microsoft Power BI) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

37 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andrew Cowburn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this as soon as possible, it's making it very difficult for our company to successfully implement Power Bi

• Dillon T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something all of us need! why should I need to create multiple reports that are exactly the same per end user/group/client receiving them? It eliminates the point of filters/slicers. It would be nice to make a subscription with filters applied.

• Alex O commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something that's been in SSRS Subscriptions for a long time. Please add this feature.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is key to being able to provide report stats to front line users in store.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All of our reports use RLS and subscriptions are required of our managers , so this would be an important feature for us.

• Matthew Harris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have struggled with RLS Subscription for years, I hope that my children live to see a world where RLS subscription has been resolved.

• Trent Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this, but make sure it works if you're using SSAS models with RLS please! Also would be great if we could have the attachment be a pdf instead of png but I'll settle for just being able to subscribe others.

• Tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Grateful if this become a possibility, the administrator can do this centrally.

• Carlos Cantu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Adam, is this feature being considered as part of the "Enhancements to Email Subscriptions" included in the April 19 release overview?

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

RLS addition would be really helpful. Please focus on this as a priority.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

also would be excellent to include multiple report page attachments to one email

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.