How can we improve Power BI?

Subscribe others to emails for reports or dashboards that have RLS

Power BI now allows users to subscribe others to emails for reports and dashboards. However, if RLS is applied to the dataset this is not possible. This idea will remove this restriction.

265 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminAdam Wilson (POWER BI) (Product Manager, Microsoft Power BI) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

also would be excellent to include multiple report page attachments to one email

also, in subscriptions I want an option to control the content of an email, for example no link to the report

• Philip Podgorski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Subscriptions in general are a very incomplete feature. You need RLS support, and proper schedules (daily, weekly, monthly) just like SSRS and IBM Cognos.

• POINTEAU Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also Microsoft must consider opening subscribtion option to free users, or at least to user attempting to subscribe to report/dashboard included in Premium capacities.

How bad do we feel stating our colleagues: "hum no sorry, you can't subscribe. That would require PRO, and because we decided to go Premium we only grant PRO to content creators".

Another comment: is this fair to show the buttons (subscribe as an example) to all users even though this is limited to PRO?

• Geoff Lund commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I inadvertently flagged this as inappropriate. Please pardon me for doing this. Just an honest, inadvertent click of the mouse right at the wrong moment. I didn't see a way to reverse it. Again, pardon me.

• Sankalp Jain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

any of reports built on SSAS implementing RLS looses email subscription functionality. It is a must. Please provide ASAP.

• T.y. Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This function is useless without RLS.

And ironically, if we want RLS to apply for email subscription, we can have the users subscribe themselves. But guess what? Self subscription does not apply to PREMIUM reports. Wow.

• Chen Tiryaki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All our reporting are connected through AAS with row level security. It's useless if there's no such capability.

without this functionality subscription for users does not add value. Microsoft please work on this..

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.