How can we improve Power BI?

incremental refresh for Power BI Pro

Enable Incremental Refresh for Power BI Pro users, not just Premium.

3,276 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Topher60657 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
planned  ·  AdminAmanda Cofsky (Program Manager, Microsoft Power BI) responded  · 

Thanks for all the feedback on this! We are definitely planning on adding Incremental refresh to Pro. Do know though that it is a fair amount of work, so it may be a bit before we can give you a more firm timeline.

In the meantime, keep voting so you’re notified when we do have more information to share!

75 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have premium but the self proclaimed overlords have control over how much capacity is given to dataflows and what functionality is enabled. Having more functionality with pro would be a big boon.
    The thing I don't get though is that something like incremental refresh would surely make an immense difference to the overall performance of the service for all users, having thousands of people downloading all records compared with just a few, and when a single setting available elsewhere in the product can make that happen, seems like an oversight.

I acknowledge that this is PLANNED and it was not skipped because they wanted to push people onto PREMIUM, there is just some technical work to get through.

• Nuno Cavaco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have pre-authorization from my company to purchase around 40 Pro licenses, but it won't be any good if I don't have Incremental Refresh on Pro. Please give us some expectation on a timeline, because otherwise we will unfortunately need to check for alternatives, although the company is paying for Office 365, and could definitely benefit from the integrations factor.

• Augustus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Power BI Pro Team should help us address this issues and get this done. We need it, the resources for some small organisation is not enough to acquire a Premium License which may be a waste of resources for small user group in an organisation.

• kv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely interested and will be a big boost for Power BI adoption across additional EDW needs/scenarios

• Nisal Mihiranga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hope to see this feature in your backlog and implemented sooner as this is one of the core features should be in Data Warehousing/Data refresh performance perspective. Thanks!

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would just make more sense, less strain on servers, faster refresh times, less refresh fails. I really looking forward to this.

• Chris99 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good to hear Amanada, please keep us informed with regular updates.

Surely the bulk of the work has already been done in making this available to Premium customers?

Could you clarify if incremental refresh works when the data is exposed to Power BI via SQL views, rather than pointing it directly at the tables?

Thanks.

• Gian Pier Barchi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please let us know status, refreshing medium size datasets is becoming a problem. This functionality makes sense for all users making better use of bandwidth and resources.

• alexander commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could we perhaps just get some feedback from the developpers whether this is in the planning or not? This will help us to figure out which BI solution to propose for our organization.

• Steven Zorn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Incremental refresh needs to be offered to Power BI Pro customers. Small customers cannot afford the premium amount of $2500 a month. Absolutely ridiculous.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.