How can we improve Power BI?

incremental refresh for Power BI Pro

Enable Incremental Refresh for Power BI Pro users, not just Premium.

524 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Topher60657 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • CR1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is crucial for our use of the Power BI reports because the time consuming data update is delaying our dailly work. Unfortunately we are not allowed to get Premium because we are a small group using the reports, however implementing incremental refresh will be a huge benefit that also will increase the report efficiency and thus the size of the PBI user group at work.

• Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will become such an important feature to have on Pro License with the recent release of the Composite Model.
        I certainly hope this will become part of Pro features very very soon.

• Mark Hodges commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is such an important feature for developers who need to deploy and update large data sets. When WILL this be available in Pro? Either this needs to be included in Pro, or else all the Pro features need to be in Premium. This seems nothing more than a ploy for Micro$oft to squeeze more money out of the users. Just my $0.02.

• Jancarlos Ascencio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Trato con bastantes clientes y el plan Premium rara vez se usa. Si bien la posibilidad de optimizar las actualizaciones para consultas complejas es imprescindible para todos ...

• Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please note that I am using an excel file stored in the sharepoint Online folder, hence no gateWay is required. Still incremental load fails with weird message.

• Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Configured Incremental parameters in Power BI desktop and uploaded PBI report to Premium workspace. However, this dataset refresh is getting failed.. Error >Parameter substitution failed with following error: 'Neither mashup nor gateway connection string detected for incremental refresh parameter substitution'.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought I heard that this is a premium only feature at first and then rolling out to Pro.

• Josiah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It *might* even make sense for free users - less data over the wire is better for everyone.

• Jowel Vizco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Either this or revise how the scheduled refresh is setup. Currently, it's limited to 8 times max.

• Jarda Karlik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I deal with quite a few customers and Premium plan is very rarely in use. While having possibility to optimize refreshes for complex queries is a must for everyone ...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is not a premium feature. this is a MUST have feature. how could you decide to put in only-premium option?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.