How can we improve Power BI?

incremental refresh for Power BI Pro

Enable Incremental Refresh for Power BI Pro users, not just Premium.

1,429 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Topher60657 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

44 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is incremental data refresh enabled for power bi embedded with dedicated premium capacity?

It would appear that our votes are going nowhere here. Unbelievable. So much for my Microsoft Partner membership.

• edh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You would think MS would want this as well as it would reduce load on their Power BI Service servers.

• Paul O'Connor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this is a must. By not doing so, you are forcing excessive data transfers and resources, which, if someone is using Azure, you are making them pay for.

But really, in terms of efficiency, this should be a default for Pro upwards.

This post has more votes than almost any other post on this forum, yet we can't get any respect from Microsoft. Why is that?

Since Incremental refresh is already available in Premium, why is it not available in the Power BI Pro subscription. I have several dozen customers that want to purchase the Pro subscription but, will not until incremental refresh is available in Pro subscription. I'm getting a bit tired of waiting for Microsfot to add this easy feature. If I do not see this feature real soon, I am going to move our entire platform and all of our customers to Tableau. I've had a enough of this nonsense. I'm also going to blog this inadequacy to all future subscribers to PowerBI Pro. I'm just simply fed up with Microsofts underhanded tactics and I will putmymoney where my mouth is.

• Dave Foster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this feature for our test environment. We generate lots of test data and need incremental refresh so we can efficiently run our tests. It doesn't make sense to require us to purchase a Premium license where we have only a few testers as users.

We are in the process of choosing between Power BI and Tableau. If the incremental refresh is not available, in PRO subscription, we will not be choosing Power BI for our BI platform. What are you going to do Microsoft ???

• Ryan R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a big help. It also would likely decrease your data costs as we load a huge amount of data every day (most of it never changes).

Come on, why refresh 3 GBs of historical data when you just need to update the info from last day

We need a date/timeline from Microsoft about when this will be available for Pro users please!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.