How can we improve Power BI?

Copy/Paste from Power BI Desktop

Please allow Copy/Paste functionality from Power BI Desktop. We often need to recreate PBI reports in Excel just so we can Copy tables or charts and paste into PowerPoint or simply email it. Need stronger integration with other Office products. Copy/paste seems so basic.

Note: Our company uses PBI Desktop and PBI Report Server (on SQL server) - cloud services are not an option because of Protected Health Information.

1,207 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Laura Collie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

66 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dene Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Amanda,

Looking forward to this update - could you give any more information as to whether it will be possible to copy an entire page from one Dashboard then paste into a different Dashboard (a copy:paste within Power BI)?
        Also, would the enhancement be able to have a drag across numerous items on a page for multiple select (rather than CTRL clicking eeach element), ready to copy:paste?

• Ethan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Strongly need a "Copy All" option and export the visualization to excel/ power point.
        As my team need it for presentation or more analysis.

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Amanda,
        It would be really helpful to have the "Copy All" option to be able to export to excel the matrix as it is shown on the dashboard (currently not possible).
        Thanks!

• Teresa B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yay. Since I noticed the update to this yesterday. I have probably already used this feature over a dozen times.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Necessary to take into account the country configuration in order to add a dot or a comma for decimal numbers, because now it always adds a dot and may not be useful once pasted in an Excel file.

Hello, we've been trying this functionality and what we found that could be improved is the format of the empty cells when pasted. Now if its an empty cell with number format it is pasted as "(In blank)", it would be better to paste a "0".

• higashi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is necessary to have a function that can copy all values while preserving the row and column formats expressed in matrix.

Hello, is there an estimated Date where this upgrade will be included? Exporting to Excel for example is too much important for companies that uses PBI.

• Rebecca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been trialling this in the service and while I am glad that you are working on it, it is no where near complete as you cannot copy and paste the entire report and when you do it to a matrix it unpivots the data. Most end users don't want to or know how to re-pivot work every time that they want it exported.

• Didier Garro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could be great if we can link PBI with SAP BW as well, looking forward create SAP reports and refresh the dashboards of PBI.

• Rebecca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking forward to this feature being released. I'm hoping you apply it to Power BI service also as it would be really helpful to be able to copy data out of a Power BI report into Excel for presentations/meetings ect.

• Teresa B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also need the functionality to be able to copy data/tables from one Power BI Desktop Workbook to another Power BI Desktop Workbook.

• Matteo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good job Amanda!
        Make copy paste from a cell of a table in power BI to another software (excel, word, ...) is essential to exploit the power of PBI!

• Corleen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we copy from one Power BI Desktop Report to another Power BI Desktop Report

• Linda Kammerer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to copy a tab from one report to another report within Power BI. I often need to do something similar to something I have already done and this would save a ton of time

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.