How can we improve Power BI?

PowerBI Report - Scheduling and Send by Email on specific date and time

PowerBI Report - Scheduling and Send by Email on specific date and time for the particualr users .EX : Salary slip report should get generated on every month of 1 st date at some time for the group of employess.

419 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Robin Abramson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What Laz said. It makes little sense and is even a bit annoying. But, its true that going old-school with emails would assist a lot in adoption.

Anyone who works with a lot of business users without a ton of tech savvy is feeling this pain.

• Brittany Ayers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even better if a user can sign up for the report to be emailed to them on a schedule that they wish. Example: One user may want it once a week where another wants it once a month.

• Laz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very much needed!

What I find in the data driven journey adoption, is that business users still want to have their reports waiting for them in their email.

Now, I totally can’t grasp this concept as the ability of log into PBI cloud and have me reports/Dashboards waiting for me after being refreshed, seems like the best thing possible.

However, for many senior level people this is not the case at all! They want to have an email sent to them, with the report attached within that email.

This was in fact a reason for producing some reports in SSRS instead of PBI.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.