How can we improve Power BI?

Hide Filters pane on Power BI Report Server

Is there any possiblity to hide Filters pane in Power BI Report server. We don't want to show the filters been used to external clients in our report for unnecessary discussion on calls.

Something like &filterPaneEnabled=false in Power BI Report Server

797 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sunkara shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

39 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in the interim why don't you guys who don't want filters to show just filter your dataset instead then you wont need to add , Report ,Page or Drill through filters which show in that pane.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please include this on the next update... I have so many customers that I would like to share service reports with, but I am waiting for this so they cannot just adjust the filters to see all of our data.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe this feature is still missing from the August 2018 release :(

Please, let's not have an all or nothing solution. I might want people to change a date filter but not another filter. Please please let this not be an all or nothing.

Thanks for reviewing! Please take a closer look at this filter pane request. While it may seem trivial it gets brought up constantly to have it removed when presenting to leadership. The ability to filter is useful as an analyst but having a bar take up any space on my screen while presenting is not the greatest design.

• Bhela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many thanks, please, let us know as soon as possible the availability of this function.

Yeah, not just the Filters pane, but also hide the Selection pane and Bookmarks pane please!

• nirvana_moksh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Idk why this feature was not in built, the report is for final consumption in most scenarios and showing the filter pane adds more confusion for click friendly business users.

• Dan Day commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, the filter pane is a pain. None of my end users need to see it, give me the option of turning it off.

• Ron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another option would be to be at the individual filter level:

- Have the option for the user to interact (include additional available values). Not all general filters warrant a slicer and corresponding screen real-estate.
    - Disallow the changing/removal of specific filters (as it would invalidate the results).

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.