Export row-level security data to .csv
I want the ability to export to row-level security data, such as lists of users who have access to that data to a CSV or .xlsx format. There is no way to extract this data now and with managing large lists of users, it is time consuming manual process to view user lists.
namita Agrawal commented
we have a workaround however it not the best way.
1. Go to the power bi service-Find the report in the specific workspace then select Datasets
2. Find the data set for your report and then Click on (…)
3. Select Security. Again click on (…) on the top right side of your page
4. Select more tools ->Developer Tools ->click on downward arrow button
5. Select Network->Clear session
6. Refresh Page -> select name with (http://df-msit-scus-redirect.analysis)
7. Copy the response body and past it in Notepad and save it for example as Users.
8. Open excel -> Data->Get Data->from File
9. Select the text file(Users)-> click on list
10. -> select Record
11. -> Select List
12. -> right click on the list
13. -> to table ->ok-> double click on the icon to expand the table
14. ->OK->select column (Column1.userPrincipalName )
15. ->Copy and paste in a new notepad
16. ->delete first Row (title)
17. Select Edit in Notepad-> Replace
Weiliang Pan commented
We have 20-50 security groups with roughly 10 people in each group. It would make life much easier if we can export to CSV file. By the way, when exporting to CSV file, it is very important to export the email address of the user instead of the names. We concatenate all the email addresses with ";" in excel and copy it to PowerBI when adding 10 people to the security group same time.
Also, I want to be able to import. When we make a new version of our tool, we work on a new data set and there is no good way to migrate the row level security users. I have had to re-create them one by one several times.