How can we improve Power BI?

Sync Drill-through page filters

Scenario: I have an "Overview" page and 2 other pages with drill-through filters enabled ("Customer performance" and "Customer history"). End users want to be able to drill through from the Sales Overview to the Customer performance page and then just open the "Customer history" page and keep the same drill-through filter.

48 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Дмитрий Соловьёв shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ahussnain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have multiple visuals on same page all showing hierarchical data for different KPIs. Let's say hierarchy is Regions -> Countries -> Products.

When I drill down on regionA in Visual1, I see list of all countries in A are shown, but the visual2 (with same hierarchy on x axis) gets filtered to regionA only (i.e. doesn't show the countries under it in Visual2). Similarly drilling further down on VisualA, doesn't drill down on Visual 2 automatically.
        There should be a way to sync the drill through filters across visuals (same and different pages).
        I believe so many of us design our reports in this fashion. Implementation of this feature is not complete without this sync feature.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.