How can we improve Power BI?

Visual Export to Excel

Please upgrade/include the below mentioned feature in "export to excel" option.

* Export Table or Matrix or Any Visuals to excel with the same look as it is in the PBI report/dashboard.

136 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • David Erickson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately, for one report, I will have to do a lot of VBA to automatically transform the downloaded excel export to look similar to the visual I downloaded from in PowerBI! It would also be great to have the same feature but exported to a .PDF! The Export to .PDF feature only takes a Screen shot of what is seen in the view of the pages, but doesn't consider what is below in the data if you scroll down...

• Donatella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This features is very useful in case it is needed to double-check any data in a specific cell or if someone needs to simulate any calculation but only for one cell with an excel formula, in an extemporaneous way

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,
    From my point of view it is necessary to save time and for the beginners users in Excel.
    It should great to have this possibility in the next updates.
    Thanks

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a real shame that this isn't available. Visuals like charts and matrices on SSRS reports can be exported directly to Excel so it makes total sense that this feature be available to Power BI.

• DebinFl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find it hard to believe this doesn't exist. I came from a MicroStrategy background and it can do this. Also, need to make sure TOTALS export as well

Definitely need the ability to export into Excel with visuals intact. This can currently be done in ClickBase but not in Power BI

• carl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to copy a formatted table / matrix and paste as a editable table into other applications (Excel being the obvious) is necessary to quickly share insights.
    More complex visuals could be pasted as an image in order to maintain a consistent UI.

• Samrat Vangari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is very much required and definitely one of the very basic requirements to be missed. Please let us know when this feature will be available. Thanks!

Power BI is a nice tool for viewing info from a Computer screen but terrible for downloading info. Need to find a way to download info in the same format as what you see on the computer screen. Way to much Cut/Paste/V-Loop, summaries....manual work.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.