How can we improve Power BI?

date slicer

Date Slicer Improvements

1. Provide the ability to define both custom dates ranges and relative date ranges through a single slicer interacttion without the user having to switch between the types 'relative' and 'between'. The relative slicer already has a date picker icon let the user use it if selection something like "custom".
2. Provide selections like, Today, Yesterday, Last 7 Days, Last 30 Days etc... making it dead simple for users. Currently I use a disconnected dimension and 'magic' Dax, well not magic but extra work for me, to provide this type of date ranging with a single click of a slicer value

22 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Richard Mintz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joel Vega commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem is that the user cannot even switch between 'relative' and 'between' when in reader mode.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all of the above. We have many user interactions where we simply need to enter 1 date. A picker that provides a text box to enter a date along with a calendar pop up so a user can simply click on the appropriate date would be ideal. I like the idea of giving pre-defined selections like Today, Yesterday, 1st of Month, Last day of Month, but if nothing else just a simple slicer for 1 date.

• Noel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this directly impacts the usability of the product as it is the most common user interaction. In addition to above we need support for quarter and last full month, last full week, etc. The key is also provided what is suggested here, the ability to choose custom and just enter a start and end date.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.