Rafael Feo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Marjon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can i make the "reset to default" the standard way my report appears to anyone opening it? i have tried everything and it still remembers my users filters and they are constantly having to "reset to default" with every tab in the report.

Please help.

• Newelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was really helpful - we have several instances where our data is not discrete so this function really will help!

• Kevin H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the "Reset to default" button, which they just announced, is the solution for this. (Another solution, I should say.) Right?

It doesn't "clear all filters," but instead it takes you back to the default values for all filters/slicers. Which addresses @Luke Walker's point -- typically, you don't want to "clear all"...instead, you want to revert back to the default.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/announcing-persistent-filters-in-the-service/

• Luke Walker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe just clearing slicers would be great. Many reports of mine would lose functionality if all filters were cleared

• Anastasia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could be a nice feature. For now in order to clear selections we have to reload report page or as noted below apply a Bookmark with default filter selection.

• aditya yadav commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a workaround you can use select all feature. Once you deselect the select all feature the slicer clears all selected values.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was asked the same in my company and I suggested pressing F5 to them. They were happy with this solution.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

Ready to get started?

Try new features of Power BI today by signing up and learn more about our powerful suite of apps.